ELEVEN

"Rita I haven't been doing anything" Aubrey said shrugging, her aunt was in town to see her and was begging to know more about Aubrey's personal life.

"So no guys?" She asked. She was surprised Aubrey hadn't come out of her shell yet, she thought once she got to college she'd be more social and popular being that she was a pretty girl.

"No there's, well there is a guy, his name is Josiah"

"Josiah, he sounds cutee"

"How do you know that from his name?" She asked

"He's cute isn't he?"

"Well yeah he's really cute" Aubrey said smiling, she was getting all bubbly inside just thinking about him.

"Tell me more about him"

"He's sort of an artist, he's funny, charming, he comes from a good nice family-"

"You met his family?" She asked

"Yeah I spent Christmas with them actually"

"How come you never told me this?" Rita asked

"You've never asked, it was nice, oh and they're rich" she said

"So basically the guys perfect and you're getting serious and yet you've never even spoken to me about him?" She asked

"I just haven't got around to it"

"Have you guys you know?"

"No, he doesn't even know I'm a virgin" she said

"He's not pressuring you into doing it?"

"No, I wanna do it with him soon though"

"You're sure you're ready?, make him use a condom" she said as her mother instincts kicked in. She wasn't strict with Aubrey because she didn't have to be but she wanted what was best for Aubrey.

"I've been ready and I know what to do Rita, I'm not a child"

"Well I want to meet him" she said

"Meet him?" She asked

"Yes you met his family now it's time he meet yours, that's what couples do"

"We're not a couple yet, and I guess you could meet him tonight when he picks me up, we're going to a party"

"Oouu he has you going to parties?" Rita asked

"Yes he convinced me to go with him"

"That's good, that means he wants people to know about you" she said

"Pretty sure it's just a party" Aubrey said

"Anyways, when's the last time you've spoken to your grandmother on your dads side"

"I don't know before school started" she said shrugging

Aubrey was estranged from that side of the family due to them living all the way in California but she still liked them more than her mother's side of the family. Rita made sure she kept in contact with all her family since her parents couldn't do so. She would spend every summer out there when she was younger and loved it.

"Why don't you call her?"

"Because I don't have her number, I do talk to my cousin out there every so often" Aubrey said

"I want you to be more connected with your family out there Aubrey it's not good to be so isolated I mean who do you talk to?"

"My roommate and Josiah, I forgot to tell you he's deaf so when he comes speak at a regular tone and a not too fast pace"