TWENTY SEVEN

"You got me new pillows, it's not my birthday yet" she said when they got in her room.

"Wanted you to bring your birthday in without a crook in your neck"

"Thank you" she said kissing him

"This one is from me, and this one is from my mom and sisters" he said pointing to the two pillows.

"Where are the old ones?" She asked

"In your closet, I didn't want to throw them away just in case they had some sentimental value to you" he said, Aubrey smiled at how well he knew her. She was a mini hoarder.

"These pillows can go, nothing special is tied to them I don't think" she said putting them in the garbage

"Soooo, whats leah doing for her birthday?" Aubrey asked sitting on the bed next to Josiah. She wanted some insight on how he was going to make Leah's day special if he was going to be with her the whole day.

"She's having a party on Saturday, I don't know what she's doing on her actual birthday"

"You're going to her party?"

"Yeah, you wanna come?" He asked

"No I wouldn't want to crash her party after I almost ended her relationship" she explained

"Good point but I don't think she cares about that anymore" Leah and Raven were back on track.

"Still not going, what do you want to watch?" She asked

"Basketball"

"No, no basketball you never wanna talk to me when sports are on"

"Yeah because I can't look at you and look at the game, if you wanna talk just leave the tv off"

"I wanna talk about what's going to happen on tv duh"

"I'm deaf"

"Oh please, you're telling me you've never had a conversation while watching tv"

"Not if I'm interested in whats on, no, I don't tell you to be quiet for no reason Bre"

"Wow, I'm sorry I thought you were doing that to be mean" Aubrey said making an awkward face.

"I can't be mean intentionally at least not to you"

"Well I can to you" she said shrugging

"Mean to your deaf boyfriend, how cruel are you?"

"Not nearly cruel enough" she said kissing him

"Oh, and I changed my mind, I don't want to eat crab on my birthday" she said after breaking the kiss

"Why?"

"Because I just think it'd be weird to get on a boat and go swimming in an ocean full of crabs and then go eat their cousins" she explained

"You're insane but whatever you want"

"You know I'm actually excited for my birthday this year"

"Should be that way every year" he added

"Now I have you to make it that way right?"

"You do, what do you want to eat since you don't want to swim with your dinner's cousins?"

"I don't even know where we're going or what's to eat around there" she said shrugging

"You think too much just tell me what you want to eat"

"I want to eat breakfast for my birthday like for dinner though"

"Got it"
————————————————————
It was the night before Aubrey's birthday and they were currently getting ready to go to Savannah.