THIRTEEN

"Josiah you're here, I haven't seen you in so long" Melissa said

"It's been like 2 weeks" he said sitting down

"Yeah but you used to come over everyday"

Josiah had been spending majority of his time with Aubrey, if he wasn't he was doing school work. Their vibe wasn't forced they just naturally gravitated towards each other so they enjoyed each other's company.

*And you complained* He signed

"So what have you been doing?" She asked

"He's been with his girlfriend" Joi said

"Girlfriend? You and Aubrey-"

"Yes" he said cutting her off. He didn't want his sister telling anymore of his business.

"When, why didn't you tell me?"

"Valentine's day, I thought Joi would've told you by now"

"I didn't actually know, Aubrey didn't say you guys made it official, I was just joking"

"Well yeah I asked her the day before Valentine's Day" He said, he was surprised Aubrey didn't go out and tell his sister but then again he told her he hated talking about his love life to his family so he was fine with it.

"Aw, this is why Aubrey's been so happy at work" Joi said. Aubrey was usually in a mid mood at work meaning she was not happy or sad but lately she was smiling more and being nice for no reason.

"Guess so"

"Well I want to invite her over for dinner again" Melissa stated. She wanted to treat Aubrey like family, she was a very friendly woman and wanted Aubrey to feel comfortable around them.

"I'll see" He didn't want to agree to something he thought she'd be uncomfortable with so he decided to ask her first.

"look at you trying to be all stingy with her, if he doesn't get her to come, I will" Joi said.

"I'm not being stingy and even if I was I have a right to be stingy with her she's my girlfriend, you are a coworker"

"No, me and Aubrey are friends, in fact she told me I'm one of the three she has"

"You are fighting over a human being" Joanna said looking at the two

"I don't know what you said but I'm going to ignore it because I knew it was stupid" He said making her roll her eyes. Growing up he and Joi always competed with each other and Joanna always felt it was stupid but they never let their sister's disapproval stop them.

"Where's Kion? I hope y'all aren't this annoying to him" He said

"He's down for a nap" Melissa said.

Kion was doing exceptionally well now that he was in a home that cared for him, He was in school, his speech was better as well as his sign language and he was no longer suffering from malnutrition.

"Mmm a nap, think that's what I'm about to go do, I gotta go" he said getting up

"You just got here and there's always a bed upstairs for you" Melissa said

"He's not taking a nap mom he's just trying to get out of here" Joanna said

"Bingo, see you in 2 weeks" he said
———————————————————————
"You're late" Aubrey said

"Yeah like I always am, I got you food"

"Thank you, where'd you go?" She asked

"To see my family, my mom missed me this time"