SIX

"Are you almost ready?" Josiah asked through Aubrey's laptop on FaceTime

"I have to finish my hair, it takes time you know"

"Yeah but you've been saying you're doing it for like 3 hours"

"Yeah that's time, I had to wash blow dry and now I'm flat ironing it" she said.

Aubrey's hair stopped at her mid back due to her getting it trimmed when it was needed and her mom took care of her hair from a young age.

"How long does that take?" He asked

"I only have one section left so maybe another 30 minutes, I have my clothes laid out already so we'll be on time don't worry"

Aubrey hates being late so she always calculated how long she'd take getting ready and then do what she needed to do 30 minutes before her calculation just incase

"I'm not worried about being on time" he said

"Well why did you ask me if I'm almost ready?"

"I just wanted to know so I can decide when to get ready" Josiah on the other hand didn't care about being late. He was the type to tell you he was on the way and still be in the bed.

"So you haven't even started getting ready?" Aubrey asked

"No, I don't have to do all you do, just find a shirt pants shoes brush my waves a little and go"

"You don't set your clothes out the day before?" Aubrey said giving him a look of disgust

"No, I don't need to, my outfits are pretty basic, shirt, jeans, sneakers"

"I guess, I got you something for Christmas, it's fine if you didn't get me anything I-"

"I did get you something, I'll give it to you when I get there"

"Well you can start making your way over because I'm pretty much done with my hair" she said. It took quicker than she'd realized.

"Okay, I'm getting dressed now"

"Alright I'll call you when I get there"

Aubrey closed her laptop before going in the bathroom to curl her eyelashes. She could never do makeup so she always went with the natural gloss and mascara look. She really wanted to learn how to do makeup though, she has many ideas in her mind but could never execute them.

It took Josiah about 10 minutes to get ready and ten minutes to get to Aubrey's place, once he'd gotten there Aubrey opened the door for him while putting on an earring. He stood at 6'1 and wore a Nike sweatsuit with some white Air Force ones.

"So much for Shirt and Jeans huh?" Aubrey said

"Wanted to switch it up a little" he said coming in the apartment

"I'll be done in a minute, I have to get my boots" she said going into her room.
——————————————————————
"Josiah you're on time for once" Melissa said opening the door

"Can I get a hello before you start criticizing me" He said coming in the house

"Hello Josiah, who's this" she said

"Hi, I'm Aubrey" she said extending her hand out for a handshake but unexpectedly Melissa pulled her into a hug.

"It's nice to finally meet you Aubrey, I've heard a lot about you, anyways you can call me Melissa and you can put your coat here"

"It's nice to meet you too, your house is very beautiful" Aubrey said looking around their house, it was huge compared to what she lived in as a child. It was also decorated nicely she could tell his mother had good taste.