SIXTEEN

Aubrey had turned off her light and decided to go to bed after a long day of work and classes but her phone dinged with a text from none other than Josiah.

Josiah💘- Can I come over?

Aubrey sighed, she was planning on sleeping with no interruptions in the next ten minutes, she contemplated not texting back but she'd feel guilty.

Aubrey- Josiah it's 12 am

Josiah💘- so? I just want to be in your presence. you can go to sleep

Aubrey- ok hurry before I go to sleep

Josiah- already otw 😂

Josiah knew she'd say yes so he was pretty much at her place already. He knew where their spare key was so he just let himself in.

"Hi" Aubrey said pecking his lips

"Hey, don't take this wrong but you look horrible"

"What would be the right way to take that?"

"Sorry, you need to go to bed" he said, Aubrey looked drained and he didn't like that.

"I was about to but somebody needed to see me and I wanted to be awake when he came"

"I missed you" he said kissing her again

"Well that's your fault, you've been with Leah 24/7"

"We haven't seen each other in a while now we're friends again, thanks to you"

"You're welcome"

"Alright let's get you to bed" he said

"Can you talk to me a little"

"About what Aubrey"

"I don't know, something so I can go to sleep" she said laying in bed

"I'm that boring?"

"No I just haven't heard your voice in a long time, I wanna hear it more before I go to sleep"

"A long time? You've seen me almost everyday this week"

"Yeah but that's just us on campus saying hi and bye, tell me what you did with Leah"

"Basically just been getting drunk and going to people's houses, partying basically"

"And I got no invite?" Aubrey asked jokingly

"I'm inviting you the next time and you can't decline either"

"No I was just kidding"

"Too bad, you're going, we went to eat a lot with Darren and uh never mind, and we-"

"Who's never mind?"

"It doesn't matter, close your eyes I'm not done"

"No Josiah tell me" she said sitting up a little

"Lauren, now lay back down"

"Lauren?"

"Yeah, it wasn't that big of a deal Bre, we're all friends"

"It was Just like old times huh?"

"Aubrey-"

"I don't want to hear anymore good night" she said before turning over and closing her eyes.

"Wow turning your back on a deaf man when he's trying to speak to you?" He joked

"Lauren is just my friend Bre, barely that, when we're around each other she speaks to Leah" He spoke, after getting no answer he shook her a little, discovering that she had actually fell asleep on him.
———————————————————————
Aubrey had woke up to an empty bed and sighed a little, she was used to him spending whole nights and being there when she woke up. She guessed he thought since she was mad at him he should've left. She noticed he'd left a written letter on her dresser.