NINE

"Look" Aubrey said signing to Josiah

"You just said how was your name" Leah said unenthusiastically while Josiah was the complete opposite

"Oh, is this day?" Aubrey asked

"Yeah it is, Leah don't you have something important to be doing"

"I do actually" she said getting up and walking away

"And you tried to convince me that she didn't hate me" Aubrey said

"I told you she doesn't, she just doesn't have a good sense of humor"

"Yeah okay, anyways I learned a name for me in sign" she said signing it. In sign language you come up with your own name she basically signed A-Art.

"I knew you'd include art in it"

"Yeah the hardest word ever too"

"What else did you learn?"

"I know the alphabet and now we're working on like gestures I guess I'm pretty bad at it still" she said

"Eh it takes time, what are you about to go do?"

"Well I have work sadly, I just wanted to show you that"

"Oh well, see you afterwards?" He suggested. Aubrey knew she'd be tired like always after work but she wanted to see Josiah more so she agreed.

"Okay bye" she said kissing him

Once she'd gotten to work she noticed Joi sitting in the break room on her phone while eating a salad. She was always early to work due to it being her first job and she didn't want to lose it.

"Hey Joi"

"Hey Aubrey, you look pretty today" She said complimenting her. Aubrey wore her blown out hair in a mid ponytail her uniform and a pair of Air Force ones, she was far from looking her best but she knew Joi was talking about her face.

"Thanks where'd you get the salad" she asked putting her sweater up

"Chick-fil-A, it's so good"

The work day went by pretty fast for Aubrey since they didn't have that many customers that day. She was about to close up when a guy came in looking around.

"Can I get these in a size 12" he asked Aubrey

"I'll be right back" she said before going into the back room. She found the boy really attractive but she really wasn't boy crazed enough to deal with two at the same time.

"Here you go, is there anything else you need?" Aubrey asked

"Uh actually yeah, can I have your number" he asked

"Oh I'm I have a boyfriend so no sorry" she said lying. Something she did all the time when people asked her out or catcalled her, Instead of just saying no. She knew guys were persistent, at least they were with her and didn't understand no so she made excuses.

"It's cool, hope he treatin you right" he said, Aubrey nodded while checking him out.

Once he'd left Aubrey went to get her stuff.

"Boyfriend huh?"

"Uh no, I lied, I always say that"

"But why, that guy was cute"

"Well for one I'm dating your brother and two he wasn't all that" she lied