THIRTY

"How do you feel?" Josiah asked.

"I feel okay" she said toying with the collar of his shirt.

"Really?" He asked.

It was night time and most of Aubrey's family was gone so they decided to go in the house.

"Yeah, I would've appreciated a call but I'm glad she's okay" she lied while trying to kiss Josiah.

He moved so she caught his cheek instead. Aubrey gave him a look as he moved her hand off his face.

"What?" She finally spoke.

"You're not okay Aubrey" he said sighing

"So make me feel better"

The offer sounding tempting but he knew sex was just her trying to put a bandaid on a situation that needed stitches.

"You're really not gonna have sex with me?" She asked.

"No because that'll make you feel better for a few seconds- maybe minutes, then you'll be back sad Aubrey" he explained making her roll her eyes.

"You suck"

"Let's talk"

"Talk about what, my mom is off drugs I'm ok. Eventually I'll get over the fact that she just up and disappeared and didn't tell me happy birthday for a 6th time" Aubrey vented.

Josiah stayed quiet, he just wanted to listen to everything she had to say. He felt like telling her it'll get better would make her feel worse.

"See you don't even know what to say, just give me head so I can go to sleep" she said seriously but Josiah took it as a joke so he just laughed.

"Please baby" she begged looking up at him with pleading eyes.

Josiah placed his hand on Aubrey's shoulder and kissed her, moving his hand up to grab her neck he began massaging her tongue with his. Once he stopped, he eyed Aubrey before laughing and trying to wipe the lip gloss off his lip.

"I gotta get in the shower"  he said making her frown.

"You are so weird" she said rolling her eyes.

While Josiah got in the shower Aubrey went downstairs to get herself a cup of water. She thought her mother had left but she was downstairs talking to her aunts.

"Aubrey how do you feel about your mother living in Texas" Gianna asked being messy

"I feel fine" she said shrugging.

"Yeah Aubrey's a big girl, she's not too emotional" Rita explained

"Just like her mom" Amina said smiling

Aubrey sighed, she really wasn't feeling the vibe in the room. It seemed forced and awkward.

"I guess" she said attempting to go back upstairs.

"Why are you leaving we haven't talked in a while sit down, I'm sure that man you got not going no where" Amina insisted.

"It's your fault we haven't talked in a while" Aubrey boldly snapped.

"Aubrey" Rita warned

"No Rita it's fine, I understand where she's coming from"

"If you understand why do you keep doing it to me?" Aubrey said before biting her lip to stop herself from crying.

"Aubrey I-" Amina tried to get up and hug her but Aubrey pushed her away.

"No just stop it, all you do is hurt me" she said before wiping her face. They were all kind of shocked by her behavior. She rarely cried and when she did she did it alone.