THREE

A few weeks later

"Hi Josiah long time no see"

"Wassup Dion" he said coming by the table to hug her. Josiah was Dion's cousin on her dad's side, she spent a lot of time wishing she was in their nuclear family instead of hers when she was younger.

"Mom he's back again" Joi said coming down the stair with 3 year old Noah on her hip.

"You actually brought my boy this time I see" he said

"Yes I did, he's been asking for his jojo so I brought him"

"Jojo" he said running into his arms

"You see how fast he ran away from you?" He asked Joi as she rolled her eyes. Josiah was Noah's favorite cousin and everyone including Dion knew it which is why she always brought him with her to his house.

"Oh shut up, he only likes you because you let him do whatever he wants" Joi said truthfully.

Josiah and Noah were like two peas in a pod which made Josiah spend more time with him than his sisters and spoil him a lot if Noah wanted ice cream for dinner he got that.

"Either way it goes I'm his favorite" Josiah said shrugging

"How's school" Dion asked Josiah.

"It's good, fun actually" he said

"Any girls?"

"He has plenty Dion your cousin is a manwhore" Joi said

"A manwhore Josiah you be havin sex?" Dion asked dropping her jaw

"Yes with condoms"

"Good for you, you've loosened up finally" she said. Growing up Josiah was the quiet child who didn't talk much even before he lost his hearing, his personality bloomed over the years.

"Thank you, That's the first supportive thing I've heard on my journey"

"You're welcome I guess, I'm going out the country for a few days next week and I was wondering-"

"I'll watch him" he said

"Thank you, make sure you teach him some more sign language"  she said. Dion knew her baby was like a sponge and she wanted him to be advanced so she had Josiah teaching him sign language and Nasir taught him spanish. He was going to have three languages at the age of four.

"He knows a few phrases and words, it'd be easier for him to catch on if you learned and signed to him at home since I only see him every two weeks" Josiah explained

"I'm down with learning, I'll have Joanna teach me since she's always at my house" Joanna was the child who was never home, she needed to be on go all the time and Dion's house was her escape.

"Where is Joanna anyways" Josiah said

"She's getting her stuff ready to go to my place"

"Only time you come over here is to get that leech"

"You could always come over"

"Nasir always looks like he wants to kill me so no thanks" He said

"Nasir is not mean, you just have to get to know him, His face is just naturally like that" Dion said shrugging

"Well he's scary and that big ass scar on his face makes it even worse" He said making her laugh.
———————————————————————
"Aubrey can you help set up the table?" Her aunt asked

She was currently at her aunts house preparing for thanksgiving, something she dreaded attending but she had to because she didn't want to be home alone for a full week since Raven went to see her family as well.