Beacon Pt 1

Y/N POV

Man: "Ruby Rose... you... have silver eyes."

Y/N: *through ring* "Watch it old man."

Man: "And who might you be?"

Y/N: "Someone whose job it is to make sure no one does anything to this girl."

Man: "I see. Tell me, where did you learn to fight like this?"

He points to a tablet which is showing us fighting the men from the store.

Ruby: "Signal sir."

Man: "They taught you to use a dangerous weapon?"

Ruby: "Technically two people."

Man: "Hmm."

The man sets down the plate of cookies and Ruby looks at them. She grabs one and eats it whole. Seeing that it's okay, she begins scarfing down the whole plate.

Man: "It's just that I only know one other person with that level of skill with a scythe. A dusty old crow."

Ruby: "Mmmm. Thash muh unkul."

Y/N: "Don't talk with food in your mouth, it's rude."

Ruby: "Sorry. That's my uncle. He and my dad helped train me. I was complete garbage before. Now I'm like an all-star."

She smiles proudly which makes me smile being reminded of Summer.

Man: "So I've noticed. And just what is an adorable girl such as yourself doing at a school designed to make fighters?"

Y/N: "I mean it, watch it."

Ruby: "Well... I've always wanted to be a Huntress."

Man: "You want to fight monsters?"

Ruby: "Yeah. I'm almost finished with Signal. Once I'm done, I have plans to attend Beacon like my sister. I want to be a Huntress because I want to help people. I was always taught to help anyone in need. So I figured I might as well turn it into a career. Don't get me wrong, police are alright, but the life of Huntsmen and Huntress is where all the fun is. They live a life of action, love, excitement, just oh, you know!?"

I smile at her enthusiasm and can definitely see that she's Summer's child.

Man: "Do you know who I may be?"

Ruby: "Headmaster of Beacon Academy, Ozpin."

Ozpin: "Greetings."

Ruby: "Nice to meet you."

Ozpin: "Do you really wish to attend my school?"

Ruby: "Absolutely."

Ozpin: "Well alright then."

I can feel Ruby become filled with excitement and practically hear her screaming with joy on the inside. She springs out of her seat and bolts for the door when I stop her.

Y/N: "You're forgetting something."

Ruby: "Huh? Oh." *turns and bows* "I deeply thank you for letting me join Beacon early."

Ruby stands up and calmly walks out of the police station. The next day we hop aboard the airship and wait when I feel this great force coming near us.

Yang: "Oh I can't believe you're coming to Beacon with me!!! This is the best day ever!!"

Ruby, Y/N: "Please stop/ let go."

Yang: "But I'm just so proud of you."

Ruby: "It's nothing really."

Yang: "Are you kidding? It's everything!! Everyone's going to think you're special."

Ruby: "But I don't want to be special, I just want to be a normal girl attending school."

Y/N: "Come on Ruby, this is a big moment for you. You should be happy."

Ruby: "I am happy I just... I got bumped up two years. I don't want people to think I'm special."

Yang: "You are special."

I look forward and see a projection of the woman from yesterday.

Woman: "Hello and welcome to Beacon."

Yang: "Who's she?"

Glynda: "My name is Glynda Goodwitch. You have all been hand picked to receive the honor of attending this great school. Our world is at an unbelievable time of peace. So it is your job as future Huntsmen and Huntresses to uphold that peace. You have all displayed the qualities necessary for this task. Now it's our turn to give you the knowledge along with the training to keep this world safe."

Glynda disappears and we are graced with the sight of Vale from above.

Ruby: "Hey, I can see Signal. Guess home isn't that far."

Yang: "Beacon's our home."

I look to the right and see a blond male wobbling past us. 

Yang: "Guess the view isn't for everyone."

Ruby: "It was beautiful while it lasted."

Yang: "I wonder who we'll meet."

Y/N: "I just hope they're better than Michael Pukeson."

Ruby: "Gross! There's puke on your shoe!"

Yang: "Aw man!" 

Yang takes a step forward which makes me grab Ruby's hood and lift her away.

Y/N: "Get away from us!"

We finally land and see the great Beacon Academy in all its glory. 

Yang: "The view from Vale's got nothing on this."

I look over at Ruby and see her brain has crashed due to all the new weapons.

Y/N: "Oh boy."

Ruby: "Ooh, ooh Sis! That kid has a collapsible staff! And she's got a fire sword!" 

Ruby starts flying away when I pull her back to reality.

Yang: "Easy there, little sister. They're just weapons."

Ruby: "Just weapons?! They're an extension of ourselves! They're a part of us! They're so cool!"

Yang: "Well why can't you swoon over your own weapon? Aren't you happy with it?"

Ruby: *deploys Crescent Rose* "Of course I'm happy with Crescent Rose! I just really like seeing new ones. It's like meeting new people. But better. "

Yang: "Ruby, come on, why don't you go try and make some friends on your own?"

Ruby: "But why would I need friends when I have you?"

Y/N: "I'm right here you know."

Ruby: "Besides you."

Yang: "Well... actually my friends are here so bye!"

She zips away with some people leaving me and Ruby alone. I look over at Ruby and see her fall over into some luggage.

Girl: "What are you doing!?"

Ruby: "I'm sorry."

Girl: "Do you have any idea of the damage you could've caused?"

Y/N: "That's enough girly."

Girl: "Watch who you-"

She turns around to face me and stops mid sentence having to look up to match my eyes.

Girl: *faces Ruby* "Just watch where you're going."

She walks away when I walk to Ruby and help her to her feet.

Ruby: "Thanks for helping me."

Y/N: "That's my job."

Voice: "Nice job."

I turn around to see a girl in a bow walking to me.

Bow: "That was great telling off that Schnee."

Y/N: "She was being mean to my friend and I wasn't going to stand for it."