39

It was another busy morning for Mina, cleaning their house and doing laundry. She's checking her watch from time to time, afraid that she won't wake up Chaeyoung on the right time. As she was hanging their clothes on the balcony, their door bell rang.

Mina wiped her wet hands on the back of her dress as she walked towards the door. She's thinking if they're expecting a delivery today or visitors. When she opened the door, her jaw almost dropped to see the most unexpected person to be here right now.

"J-jackson? What are you doing here?"

Jackson smiled at her sheepishly. "Hi Mina... uh, how are you?"

"Well.. good. But, why are you here?"

Questions from Mina were answered when she saw another familiar figure approaching them.

"I wasn't really here just because I wanted to check up on you but also.." then she looked at Somi, who is now standing in front of Mina, staring at her.

"Mina.."

"Hey, S-somi..." she smiled at her, trying to ease the awkwardness that's rising. "Oh how rude of me, would you guys like to come in?"

"No, Mina, it's fine. We won't take that long, we're catching up a flight at ten this morning" Jackson explained.

"Flight?" Mina's brows furrowed.

"Yes Mina, I'm flying back to US and I'm bringing my sister with me. Somi just asked me to drop by here quickly"

"That's why I'm here Mina.. because I want to-" Somi's words were cut off.

"See Chaeyoung? Oh, she's still sleeping but uh.. I can wake her up for you"

Somi shook her head. "Mina, I'm sorry. I'm here to say I'm sorry to you, personally"

Mina's throat had gone dry, she watched Jackson as he walked away, giving them a little privacy. He really knew why her sister wanted to see Mina.

"Somi.. I'd lie if I'll say that you didn't hurt me because God knows how I was really hurt" she saw how Somi lowered her head, nodding as if she's ready to hear whatever Mina has to say. "But.. I understand why you did it. I already forgave you, Somi"

Somi looked back up at her, eyes already welling up with tears. As if she doesn't even expected to hear those words from Mina. To hear that she's.. forgiven.

"But Mina... I hurted you a lot. I.. almost broke the two of you apart" she had to swallow to remove the lump on her throat. "How could you f-forgive me that easily?"

"Because I understand you. I understand that we'll do whatever we can for the person we love. You did nothing wrong, Somi.." Mina slowly walked to her and pulled her for a hug.

"You just loved someone and I'm sorry that.. we loved the same person in this lifetime"

"Shall we go now?" Jackson butted in so Somi pulled back from the hug, wiping her tears and nodded on her brother.

"Have a safe flight, you two" Mina smiled at them.

"Thank you and sorry Mina, for everything. Can you just please tell it to Chaeyoung too?" Mina nodded at her. Somi smiled before walking away.

"So... I guess this is goodbye for now" Jackson said.

"Yeah, I guess so"

"Mina, please stay strong, you and Chaeyoung. I know you'll get through it together" Jackson then suddenly hugged her. "Till we meet again, Mina"

Mina watched the two of them disappear on the hallway. She was so relieved that morning, she doesn't even regret on talking to the both of them. It's really great to give forgiveness to everyone, it's like a heavy burden had just been lifted up from her.