20

TW // Sensitive Content

If you're easily affected by heavy angst, please don't read this chapter. Your mental health is important. I don't want to trigger anyone. I care.
--

It's the day before Maddie's birthday, Mina and Jihyo are already busy preparing for the needed decorations. As per Maddie's request, the theme is Disney princesses. Mina was actually busying herself these days just to avoid thinking about Chaeyoung. Maddie and her have been staying in her mom's house for three days now since Chaeyoung was purposely ignoring her.

After their fight that night, Chaeyoung really walked out and Mina had no idea where did she go. She was so worried the whole night not until when Dahyun, Chaeyoung's friend, had a kind heart to call her.

"Hello? Who's this?" Mina asked as she answered an unknown caller.

"Hey.. Mina! It's Dahyun, do you still remember me?"

"Oh, of course, Dahyun. How are you?" Mina sat on her bed and leaned on the headboard. "Are you perhaps looking for Chaeng? I'm sorry but-"

"Oh Mina, no no.." Dahyun interrupted her. "I actually called because I want to let you know that Chaeyoung's with me"

"Oh my God! Really? How is she? Can I pick her up?"

"She's drunk, no, wasted rather but don't worry I'll take care of her. It's late so don't go out because Chaeyoung might kill me if something happens to you because she clearly said not to call you"

That was such a relief for Mina, knowing that Chaeyoung is with a friend she trusted the most, and not some... other friend. Chaeyoung actually did came home the next day but it still doesn't change the fact that she's ignoring Mina. Luckily, Maddie was there to lighten up the mood and of course, to be a bridge for her and Chaeyoung.

Mina knew how smart their daughter is, she could already tell if they're okay or not. But still, Maddie helped her on asking questions that she couldn't ask Chaeyoung personally.

The following days became so hard for Mina, she had to bring her own car because of Chaeyoung seemingly avoiding her at all cost. For that two straight days, Mina would wake up with Chaeyoung already gone for work and slept with no Chaeyoung beside her because she'll purposely go home so late.

Waking up everyday became so suffocating knowing that Chaeyoung had to do all this just to not talk to her. That was Mina's queue to decide that they'll just stay at her mom's house. She did talk to Chaeyoung about it and her wife just nodded as an agreement. It hurted like hell for Mina, feeling that she's not important anymore.

"Hey! Mina!" Jihyo snapped at Mina's face. "Are you okay? You're spacing out. Look at that birthday banners you're cutting, it's not shaped as triangle anymore"

Mina looked down and Jihyo was right so she just crumpled it and sighed. "I miss her, unnie. I really miss her"

Jihyo looked at her with full of worries and hugged her for a while. "Just give her some more time. Chaeyoung loves you I know she'll listen when she calms down. Don't force it, Mina"

Mina could only nod and forced herself not to cry. She just focused on making the birthday banners since they still had a lot of work to do.

"Mommy! Look!" Maddie came running to the kitchen while holding up a cute bracelet.

"Wow baby, this is so pretty. Did you made this?"

"Uh-huh!" Maddie proudly answered. "This is for you"

Mina wears it on her left wrist and fixed it so that the alphabets design saying "MOMMY" would be shown. "Thank you, love. I'll always wear this" then she kissed Maddie's forehead.