34

Chaeyoung's condition is getting a little worse as days passed but she's enduring it. She's still living her life like it's normal... just that it's not anymore. There's been countless of sleepless nights. Crying over everything, on how everything became like this.

And the most painful part of living everyday is missing Mina...

and knowing that she can't be with her anymore.

Those days were just spent of Chaeyoung burying herself to work. At this point, she's just really killing herself for overworking too much. Her chronic headaches are getting worse that she had to drink painkillers every five hours. It's like her life already depended on it.. and she hates it.

Can I just end everything?

Chaeyoung wondered how is Mina right now, what is she doing, what her days and nights are like. She wonders if she misses her too or think about her like how Chaeyoung is everyday.

Is she hurting like how I'm hurting? Or... she's starting to forget and unlove me now?

Another day of being busy with their recent project, the deadline is nearing so they had to double their work. Chaeyoung was editing some photos when the door opened and a nervous Yeri came in.

"Chaeng... someone's uh.. looking for you"

"Who?" she asked, brows furrowed. But she stood up quickly in shock upon seeing who it is.

Taeyeon..

I knew that this day will come.. I am prepared for this.

"Chaeng.." Somi called unto her and held her arms, she's worried for her.

"It's okay" Chaeyoung reassured the both of them and started walking to Taeyeon.

Taeyeon was just standing by the door, roaming her eyes around their office. She looked calm but her aura screams so much anger.

Chaeyoung gulped before calling her. "M-mom..."

Taeyeon looked at her with single brow raised. Once Chaeyoung is in front of her, Taeyeon.. slapped her. Hard.

She heard how Somi and Yeri gasped at the back. Chaeyoung held her throbbing face, she could feel it heating up. Her eyes watered but she still took the courage to look at Taeyeon.

"That's for hurting my daughter. You useless brat!" Taeyeon gripped her left arm, it's so tight she's sure it'll leave hand marks on it. "And don't you ever call me 'mom' again"

Taeyeon walked out of their office, leaving Chaeyoung dumbfounded. But she knows she had to give an apology to Mina's mom. So she ran to her before Taeyeon could enter her car.

"A-aunt Taeyeon... I'm sorry.."

"I don't need your sorry, kid! My daughter is already hurt! How dare you do this to her... when all she did was love you and fight for you. She even disobeyed me just for you!"

Chaeyoung doesn't even know what to say anymore. She just stood there, swallowing and accepting all that Taeyeon is saying to her.

"You know what this is why I never liked you even all these years! Because I know that you're really just gonna hurt my daughter in the end. I should've saved her from you from the very start" Taeyeon glared and pointed at her. "You ruined Mina's life! Jackson would have treated her better"

Ah.. right. Jackson is still who she wants for Mina. I was never her choice for Mina. I will never be accepted as Mina's wife.

"But I must thank you now, for doing the initiative to leave my daughter's life. Thinking about it right now, why would Mina still stick with you? Maddie is already gone... your marriage? It's all pointless now" Taeyeon opened the car door, ready to leave. But before doing so, she turned to look at Chaeyoung again.