36

Chaeyoung was woken up by the loud ring of her phone. She haven't slept for that long  yet there's already someone who's disturbing her. Still half asleep, she reached for her phone on the bed side table. Chaeyoung squinted her eyes by the sudden brightness from her phone since her room is really dark.

"Hell-"

"Yah! Son Chaeyoung! Where are you?!"

She removed the phone away from her ear, startled by the shout at the other end of the phone. Chaeyoung furrowed her brows because it's an unknown number but she can't forget that voice. The voice she once adored.

"Sana?"

"Yeah it's me you dumbass! Where are you? Let's talk!" Sana's voice was clearly mad. Chaeyoung could only sigh and agreed to meet up with her.

Chaeyoung arrived at the cafe Sana told her and she's already there waiting for her. She's glaring as Chaeyoung is walking to the table and Chaeyoung could only guess that Sana already knew what happened between her and Mina.

"Stop glaring and say that you miss me" she joked but Sana is still seriously mad.

"Sit down because you have a lot of explaining to do"

Over a cup of coffee, they started talking about what Sana wanted to know. Chaeyoung didn't know that she would be this mad, knowing that they all have a very not so good past.

"Explain now, Chaeng. Why did you do that to Mina? Why did you cheat?!"

Chaeyoung sighed, she's been asked about this question for how many times now but still, she doesn't know how to answer. It's really hard to lie sometimes.

"Well.. uh I don't know. It just happened" she shrugged and sipped on her coffee out of nervous.

"It just happened? No, don't lie to me now Chaeyoung" Sana said, unamused. "I know you so well and I know how much you love Mina! And you should also know that better, because you see, I saw it and experienced it with my whole being"

"Sana... I don't know how to answer you, okay? But that's it, I cheated. We're over"

"You're still an asshole" Sana said on a gritted teeth. "Have you already forgotten how you chose her over me that time? That even if I begged and gave you everything, it's still Mina until the end? So what's this now, Chaeyoung?"

"You... you won't understand"

"What part of you, cheating on Mina I won't understand? I still consider you as my friend, Chaeyoung.. and I know how much you loved each other! Can you get your shit together?!"

Chaeyoung stared at Sana, the sadness in her eyes showing. "Sana, I wish it was that easy. But no... because I am dying. I'll leave her either way"

Sana was silenced as if processing what Chaeyoung said. Her jaw dropped and she cleared her throat before she could talk again.

"What are you saying? How are you dying? Is this a fake excuse?!"

"Sana I have a cancer" Sana's shoulder dropped as looked at Chaeyoung unbelievably. "Now that you know, can you please not tell it to Tzuyu? Because I know she'll say it to Mina and that's the last thing I want to happen"

Chaeyoung went back home after that, somewhat glad that she's able to at least be honest with Sana. And Chaeyoung knows she could trust her, she's holding on to Sana's promise to never tell it to Tzuyu.

Even though she haven't slept fully last night, Chaeyoung still forced herself to wake up early the next day. She's planning to visit Mina again on the hospital, to see her even for the last time. Chaeyoung is still so eager to talk to her.