17

"Mina who's the guy? And why would you even let him go near our daughter?"

Chaeyoung was surprisingly calm while asking those questions. She wanted to skip with joy because it seems like Chaeyoung was really being true to her words when she said that she'll try to control her temper. Mina doesn't even know what to feel at that exact moment. But.. she was ready to tell Chaeyoung everything.

"Baby can we at least please sit down?" Mina asked in full worries when she saw Chaeyoung massaging her temple. "And just calm down, okay? I'll explain everything"

Chaeyoung stared at her blankly and sighed before marching towards the couch and sat down. Mina went to their kitchen first to get Chaeyoung a glass of water before sitting beside her.

"Drink first" She said as she pass her the glass and Chaeyoung quietly oblige. "Okay baby, I'm gonna explain everything and just listen. But first thing first, can I ask you something?"

Chaeyoung nodded and played with the glass on her hand. "Okay. What is it?"

"Chaeng, do you trust me?"

"What kind of question is that?" her brows furrowed.

Mina sighed and held Chaeyoung's free hand. "Just.. answer me. Do you trust me?"

"Mina, of course I trust you. And you know that"

Mina nodded and smiled in relief. She heaved a big sigh and continued on staring at Chaeyoung's eyes. "First, I just want to say that I didn't let any stranger be near our daughter, okay? It just happened that he saw us and helped Maddie. That's all"

Chaeyoung just stared at her, waiting. As if signaling her to continue what she's saying. "Maddie ran to me that day and told me about an uncle who helped her reach her jelly. Chaeng baby I swear.. I also didn't know who it was at first-"

"Mina.." Chaeyoung stared at her coldly that it made shiver down her spine. "Quit beating around the bush. I was just asking who it is. Mina who the fuck is this guy?!"

Ah. Here it is. Chaeyoung and her anger issues. All Mina could think about. Long gone are the calm Chaeyoung. How fool of her to think that she could already control her temper? But despite all of that, Mina couldn't still help but to gulp in nervousness. She still had to say who it was.

"Chaeyoung.. It's..." Jackson. But before she could even say the name, Mina's phone rang. Which truly startled the both of them or rather pissed Chaeyoung more.

Mina couldn't ignore the call, it was her sister. She saw how Chaeyoung leaned back on the sofa and closed its eyes while covering it with her left arm. Mina could only sigh while staring back and forth at her phone and her wife.

"Baby..." Mina softly called her. Phone still ringing. "It's Jihyo unnie.."

"Just fucking answer it Mina. My head is aching so bad, I'll sleep already" her wife's last words to her before Chaeyoung left and entered their bedroom.

Mina quickly pressed the answer button as she stared at the slammed door. "Hello, Jihyo unnie?"

"Hey Minari.. I just called to say that we're already boarding in ten minutes"

"Oh unnie, I'm so glad that it's really real. You're really coming back home.." Mina couldn't hide her happiness. It's been a year since they last saw each other.

"Yeah.. I guess it's just the perfect time. Wait Minari, hang on.. Hyewon can you please carry this one bag of your sister?"

"Mom it's too heavy!" Mina could hear Hyewon's voice on the other line.