7

"Maddie.." Mina called out as she knocked on Maddie's room. She opened the door a little to take a peak and she saw her daughter brushing her hair. "Baby can mommy come in?"

Maddie looked at her and nodded. "Okay mommy.."

Mina walked in and stood behind Maddie. She get the brush on her hand and started brushing her daughter's hair while lookingat her so fondly at the vanity mirror.

"Baby are you still mad at mommy?" Mina asked softly while caressing Maddie's hair.

"No mommy.." she answered as she shook her head. "I was just upset last night because you promised but that's okay.. Mom said you were tired and she helped me instead"

Mina sighed, still feeling guilty for sleeping on Maddie after promising her. She braided her hair and put a pink butterfly clip on it. She guided Maddie to stand up and Mina kneeled so that she could be on her eye level.

"How about mommy make it up to you today?" Mina asked and she smiled widely when she saw how excited Maddie is.

"Really mommy?"

"Yes baby.. I'll pick you up at lunch and we'll eat at your favorite fast food chain"

Maddie did a little 'yey' and hugged Mina tightly. "I like that mommy!"

"Alright come on, I'll drop you at your school today"

Maddie went out first of her room while Mina grabbed her school bag. As soon as she went out, Maddie was waiting for patiently at the couch. But then of course, Chaeyoung walked out of their room, already dressed for work. Mina ignored her and walked to Maddie although Chaeyoung was giving her confused looks.

"Let's go baby" Mina held out her hand and Maddie took it and quickly stood up.

"Wait.. where are you two going?" Mina heard Chaeyoung asked but still, she ignored her. She just busied herself on helping Maddie wear her school bag.

"Mommy.." her daughter looked at her over her shoulder. "Are we not going with Mom?"

Mina looked at Maddie, still contemplating whether to answer her or not. But she just smiled at her and fixed her uniform. "Why don't you wait for me outside, bub?"

Maddie followed her instruction and Mina quickly grabbed her bag. She was about to walked to the drawers to find her car key when Chaeyoung grabbed her lightly by the arm.

"Are you just going to ignore me? Where are you going?" Chaeyoung asked calmly.

Mina pulled her arm out of her grip and looked at Chaeyoung with dead eyes. "Where do you think we're going? School and work, Chaeyoung"

"I know.. I mean- you're not going with me?" Chaeyoung's eyes followed Mina's hand as she grabbed the car keys. "What, are you gonna drive?!"

Mina sighed out of frustration. She's growing tired of this morning fights and she just wants to be far away from Chaeyoung right now. "Yes I am Chaeyoung and you can't do anything about it"

"Mina! Wait!" Mina turned around and walked away, she held Maddie's hands and they walked to the elevator, ignoring Chaeyoung's frustrated calls of her name.

"Mommy are you fighting again?" Maddie asked sadly as Mina started driving. "Is it because of me?"

Mina looked at her through the mirror with worried eyes. "No, no baby.. why would you think of that? If me and mom is fighting you're never involved in it okay? It's not your fault"

Maddie nodded and pouted her lips. "So.. mom won't be with us at lunch?"

Mina sighed, defeated on how sad her daughter's face is. "We'll see, okay? Don't be sad come on give mommy a smile"