26

Mina is not on her right mind, she can't even think straight for how many days now. Since that night that Chaeyoung confessed of cheating on her and wanting to have a divorce, she also left Mina alone in their house. Mina had no idea where she stayed or staying now. But, she had a hunch.

Mina knows that she might be at Somi's. And she's planning to go there soon.

The fact that she had to juggle her work with her private life is already exhausting. She's like a robot everyday, sometimes she doesn't even want to wake up. Mina kept it a secret to her family and friends, on whatever is happening with her and Chaeyoung. She just doesn't want to involve everyone here because she still high hopes that Chaeyoung will change her mind and come back to her. Mina still hopes they could fix this.

On that Friday night, Mina forced herself to eat. It was killing her eating alone on that table that once was filled with their happy family. Every spoonful of food she'll intake, a new drop of tears are escaping her eyes. Now she knows and understands how really hard it is to swallow food when you're crying.

Mina is on their balcony, sipping wine and watching the dark sky. There's no stars in it. It's so different from that night where Chaeyoung was still beside her. It made Mina question herself for a lot of things.

How did everything change this fast?

How did everything gets worse like this?

Why? Why would Chaeyoung leave her like that?

What happened to them? What happened to the promises?

To their love? Why did Chaeyoung... cheat on her?

And why... why is she left alone like this?

Mina gulped all the wine and wiped her tears aggressively. She's tired of crying, her heart is much worse. It's just a miracle that she's still standing and alive right now. When Mina came back inside, she's startled when the door opened.

It's Chaeyoung. She's back home.

Mina was stunned for a moment but when she realized her wife came back to her, she wanted to jump in joy. She wanted to hug her so bad and tell her how much she miss her.

Except that... Chaeyoung has an empty luggage on her hand.

"C-chaeng..." was all Mina could say. Chaeyoung was looking at her coldly. But Mina wanted to believe that she saw a glimpse of change on Chaeyoung's eyes when they stared at each other.

"I just came back to get my clothes" Chaeyoung said and passed by her to enter their bedroom.

Mina gulped hard and tried to held her tears. She silently followed Chaeyoung and watched her as she gets her clothes. Chaeyoung piled it on the bed, even though she's hurting so much, Mina folded it neatly. She opened Chaeyoung's empty luggage and helped her pack her clothes. Mina did all that with a lump on her throat, and heart already sinking at the pit of her stomach.

"What are you doing? You don't have to do that" Mina turned to look at Chaeyoung who's already watching her for a long time.

"No, it's fine. I just wanted to help" Mina smiled bitterly and bit her lip. "I always do this, right? I'm the one who's always folding your clothes whenever you have a trip"

"I know" Chaeyoung walked to her and grabbed all the remaining clothes from Mina's hand. "But you don't have to do it anymore. This is not longer your responsibility, Mina"

It hurts. It hurts so much to be always reminded that someone is already giving up on you. That they really wanted to get you out of their life.

Mina's crying again as she hugged Chaeyoung from behind. She gripped her hands tightly when Chaeyoung was removing it.