38

"M-mina...?" she turned to look at Chaeyoung who surprisingly woke up very early and by herself, but is looking at her in so much confusion. "What.. what are you doing here?"

Mina's brows furrowed as she walked to the bed and sat beside Chaeyoung. "Baby.. what do you mean what I am doing here? Of course this is our house, we've been staying here again for weeks now. Did you forget... again?"

"Oh. I'm sorry... I thought I'm still at my mom's house and you.." she looked at Mina with those sad painful eyes. "I thought you've already went to US"

Mina noticed how Chaeyoung has been so forgetful these past few days. She wanted to shrug it off convincing herself that it maybe just the side effects of her medicines, like how she gets so sleepy every time. And, Mina is forgetful too sometimes.

But she just can't fool herself. Mina knows that this is different from what she's experiencing. Chaeyoung's case is just really.. different. Because she's not just forgetting random things.

Chaeyoung is forgetting.. memories. Our memories.

"Hey.. I'm here. Please don't be sad, my love" she said as Mina caressed Chaeyoung's hands. "Come on, let's get ready. We're going to the hospital, right?"

Mina is now driving to the hospital for Chaeyoung's scheduled check up. She was so glad that her wife agreed to do this because Mina is really genuinely worried. She wants to know what's Chaeyoung's condition is now and she also had lots of question to ask to the Doctor.

"Baby, if after an hour and I'm still asleep, can you please wake me up?"

Mina turned to look at Chaeyoung who is now finding a comfortable position to sleep.

"Sure, love. I'll always wake you up" she smiled at her.

Chaeyoung has been afraid of falling asleep lately. She always asks Mina to wake her up every morning or even just from her short naps. That's why it was a surprise for Mina when she woke up by herself this morning, maybe disturbed by a nightmare.

When Mina asked her why she always wanted to be woken up, her answer pained Mina.

"Maybe because.. I'm afraid to die in my sleep. I'm afraid to die alone.. to die without even saying goodbye and seeing you for the last time"

Mina parked at the hospital's carpark and leaned in to kiss Chaeyoung who's still sleeping. She gave soft pats on her cheek, waking her up.

"Chaeng, we're here"

Chaeyoung fluttered her eyes open and smiled at Mina. A smile which she fully knows the meaning behind it because Chaeyoung once explained it to her.

"I am always relieved every time I open my eyes from a deep sleep and I see your face. It's like a reminder for me that I'm still alive and I have another day to be with you again"

They entered the hospital and a nurse accompanied them to the Doctor's office. Mina just helped Chaeyoung to fill out some form since she's getting dizzy again and waited for the check up to begin. Mina stayed outside, waiting patiently as she sat on the benches. Praying and hoping for a good news and a good result.

After hours of nervously waiting, Mina was called to go inside on where Chaeyoung is. She saw her wife sitting in front of the Doctor's table so Mina sat on the vacant seat in front of Chaeyoung. Mina held out her hand and holds Chaeyoung's, smiling at her to at least calm her down.

Mina has never seen Chaeyoung this nervous and scared. And even though she's feeling the same, or rather more than that, she needs to act strong for her.