23

Three months already had passed, and it seems like they're starting to get a grip of their new lives now. It's like they were back to normal, or not.. because it's just the way they deemed it to be. Some days are fine, but mostly, they are not. But Mina and Chaeyoung are doing their best to get through it together. For their own sake and most importantly, their relationship.

Mina also already went back to work and so is Chaeyoung. At first, Chaeyoung was a bit hesitant to let Mina work again, she's just too worried for her. Mina did think about it eagerly, but in the end, she still decided to do it because she might really went insane if she'll just be at their home the whole day. Mina knows that she's just surviving everyday living on their house because there's Chaeyoung with her. She could feel that she could endure everything if her wife is with her.

But Mina wouldn't lie that some days it's getting really hard for her to pretend to everyone, specially at work, that she's okay that she's just doing fine. It's much worser when she just came back, Eunha and Sowon kept on bugging her about what happened to her. It's hard because she can't open up about her burdens to other people, with her new found friends. They might know that she's married and has a wife, but Mina never had the chance to introduce Maddie to them. And she never know when will she able to do it at this point.

Mina just can't talk about Maddie until now. It still hurts to be reminded again of someone you know you'll never see again.

"Mina!" Eunha widened her eyes as she stood up from her chair. As if she had seen a ghost. "You're finally back! Oh my God, don't you know how worried we were?"

"Oh.. I'm sorry. I was just uh.. sick"

"Yeah, I know. When I heard that you took a two weeks sick leave I was really worried. You didn't even answer my texts or calls" Eunha pouted as if she's sulking. "Sowon kept on bothering me about you, too.."

"I'm really sorry. I wasn't really feeling okay that time"

At lunch time, it was Sowon's turn to interrogate her with lots of questions. Mina was still not okay that time, she's still grieving. And answering questions like this just made her head hurt. But she can't blame them, they don't know what happened.

"Next time, Mina, you should tell me or us if you're not okay. I was really worried. I always waited for you everyday, you know.."

"Huh? Why?" Mina put down her utensils and furrowed her brows.

"Uh, to give coffee?" Sowon laughed it off and stood up immediately. "Nevermind about that. What's important is you're okay now. Come on, let's go back"

Luckily, Mina's plan about getting back to work somehow helped her to at least get off her mind from always thinking about Maddie. As days go by, she's starting to accept that her daughter is gone. It's still hard but she's making progress. Mina would still miss her a lot of times but little baby steps won't hurt.

Although it's been three months, Mina would still feel sad when seeing Maddie's school as they passed by it everyday. Mina swore that it's one of the most hardest part of their everyday, since they can't really avoid it because its part of their way back home. Chaeyoung would purposely slow down her car just so they could both stare at those open gates, with parents taking their child home. They were once one of them.

Chaeyoung held Mina's hand just like what she always do, and her wife turned to look at her. "Baby, everything's gonna be fine.. I'm here"

"I know, Chaeng, I know.." Mina smiled timidly at her and sighed. "Would it be so wrong if right now, I could already smile as I see her school? I just.. remember those happy times whenever we pick her up"