28

TW // Suicide

Please, please, please... read at your own risk. If you're not feeling well today, please don't read this. Listen to me everyone and don't turn a blind eye on this

--

Jackson waited for Mina in front of their apartment building. He was so worried when he heard Mina crying over the phone. He was so worried and bothered, Jackson kept walking back and forth, looking at his phone. After almost an hour of waiting, he could already saw Mina who's walking absent-mindedly.

Mina was startled when two cold hands held her arm. She looked up and a worried Jackson is in front of her.

"Mina! What happened to you? Where's your car? Are you okay?" he asked in a single breath. "Hey.. talk to me please"

"I.. I don't know" and Mina sobbed again. She felt so shitty, is this what she's always gonna do? To cry and cry?

I am so tired..

"Come on, it's okay.." Jackson hugged her and Mina rested her face on his chest. He's tapping Mina's back softly, hoping to give even the slightest comfort he could give. "Just cry Mina, just cry until all the pain is gone. I'll just be here.."

They stayed like that for how many minutes before Mina pulled back and wiped her tears. Jackson handed her a handkerchief and she shyly took it. "Thank you... and I'm sorry for ruining your jacket"

"No, it's okay.. come here" he removed his jacket and draped it over Mina's shoulder. "Wear this first because it's so cold. Do you want to go inside?"

Mina nodded and they walked until the apartments lobby. Jackson instructed Mina to sit there and wait for him then he went outside quickly. When he came back, he's already bringing two bottles of coffee.

"Drink this so it'll make you warm. I bought this at the same convenience store where we met again" Jackson smiler at her and sat beside Mina.

Mina drank the coffee and it somehow made her calm down. Then, she turned to Jackson. "Why did you call? And why did you waited for me?"

"Uh, it's your mom, Mina. But please don't get mad at her and listen to me first.." Jackson put down his coffee and cleared his throat. "She called me and kinda told me what's happening between you and.. Chaeyoung. She has no bad intentions Mina, she just wants me to check up on you. And I'm lucky that I did"

Mina nodded and played with the bottle on her hand. "Thank you.. thank you for checking up on me. But you don't have to this Jackson, you don't have to do everything my mom is telling you to do. I'm fine, I'll be fine.."

"Mina, I'm not doing this because your mom wants to. I am doing this because I care for you.." Jackson looked at her and Mina could really tell that he's concerned for her. "And I know that you're not fine.."

Mina stood up, ready to leave. She doesn't want where this conversation is going. She might be hurting right now but she's not that dense, Mina knows Jackson still likes her.

And Mina knows she's not ready for another problem right now.

"I'll go now, Jackson.. thank you again for everything" Mina smiled at him and Jackson also stood up.

"Anytime, Mina.. please, just call me if you need me. I'll be here right away"

Friday came and Mina is getting ready for Eunha's birthday party. She realized that maybe she needed this, she needs to unwind for a bit because her thoughts are already killing her. And, she can't ditch Eunha for the second time. Not on her birthday.