24

Chaeyoung is stressing over their new schedule. Her brows are furrowed as she kept on scrolling the cursor up and down, as if it'll change anything. Somi and Yeri kept on glancing over her as they're both worried for her. Chaeyoung could only drink water and massage her temples.

"Chaeng, you know it's okay if you don't want come, right?" Yeri said as she walked over by her table. She needed to talk it out with Chaeyoung because she's also getting stressed by watching her. "We would understand. And if you're worrying about the work, I could ask Saeron to come again and Samuel, too"

"Samuel? You know he already quitted because he's into running a cafe now. He won't come" Somi butted in.

Yeri rolled her eyes at her. "Of course I know! But if Chaeyoung would only ask him for a favor, I know he'll consider it"

Chaeyoung could only sigh at them who's bickering again. She really wants to agree with Yeri, but there's just so many things to consider.

"Chaeng I know you can't live Mina alone for a whole month.. so we'll understand if you don't wanna come, okay?" Yeri assured her once again.

"Why would Mina won't allow her to leave in the first place? I know she'll also understand that this is a big break for Chaeng, for our company.. for us. Right, Chaeng?" Somi crossed her arms and stared at Chaeyoung, who's just staring blankly outside. Yeri nudged Somi and glared at her.

"Can't you understand? Mina wouldn't be fine alone, and Chaeyoung knows that too!"

"Fine! But think about this, Yeri.. if she won't be fine alone then why would her mom ask Chaeyoung to be in this project?!"

"Can you both please shut up and stop fighting?!" Chaeyoung shouted and walked out of their office. Her mind is already going crazy with all this shits to think about and the both of them aren't just helping.

Chaeyoung sat on the bench while drinking her coffee that she bought on the nearest convenience store. She heaved a deep sigh while thinking about what Yeri and Somi said. They might be annoying like that but Chaeyoung knows that they're both making sense. It's true that she can't leave Mina for that long, just by thinking of it is already killing her. And also the fact that she knows about Mina's state right now, it's really hard.

Mina might look strong and okay whenever she's around, she just knows how fragile she is when alone. And those tears and sobs every midnight are enough proof of it.

But Chaeyoung couldn't say no to this project. It's a big company and this will really be their big break. That's how important it is and she needs to be professional about it. Plus the fact that it's Mina's mom, Taeyeon, who asked her regarding it.

Chaeyoung nervously answered Taeyeon's call. She rarely call her so this was kinda unexpected on a Monday morning like this.

"Hello? M-mom?"

"Chaeyoung, where are you?" Taeyeon asked in her normal stern voice.

"I'm at work. Is something wrong with Mina?" it was the first thing that came to her mind because she can't think of any reason of Taeyeon calling her.

"No, this isn't about Mina.. I'd like to talk to you about something and I hope in personal. Can you meet me right now?"

Chaeyoung quickly drove to the place Taeyeon sent her. Somi was asking her where she's going but she promised her to explain it when she come back. Chaeyoung was in a hurry.

Taeyeon was already there when she arrived. Chaeyoung hurriedly approached the table where she's at.

"Go on, sit" Taeyeon pointed at the chair and Chaeyoung sat down. "What do you want to drink?"