TWENTY EIGHT

After riding around in the boat for a few hours the two went home once it'd gotten dark outside.

"I had a lot of fun, thank you"

"My pleasure"

"Pancakes now?"

"Yeah I'll be making them"

"Oh Josiah I don't know, last time you made pancakes-"

"Didn't end well, but that was a one time thing let it go"

"Ok, I'm gonna sit down here just in case I have to run out the house" she said kissing him as he mugged her.

"Very funny" he said as she sat at the table and played games on her phone while occasionally watching him cook, he looked good.

"Alright here you go, breakfast for dinner" he said putting the plate in front of her.

"You made me heart pancakes" she said in an awe tone.

"Yeah they were very hard to make too, I got the rejects" he said showing her his plate, she laughed looking at the ugly deformed pancakes.

"Thank you, for the 40th time"

"You don't have to keep thanking me, the first time was enough"

"Mhm" she said feeling down. It was such a great day and she had everything she hoped for and more except a phone call from her mother.

"What's wrong?" He asked noticing her body movements, she looked sad.

"Nothing I'm okay" she said faking a smile

"When we got here you were over the moon, if this is about me telling you to stop saying thank you I'm sorry"

"No it's not anything you did you're perfect" she said with her voice cracking.

"Well what is it? I don't want you crying on your birthday let me fix it"

"My mom didn't call, I know I should be grateful-"

"I get it, you don't have to say sorry or explain yourself, I know how much that call means to you" he said

"I'm not really hungry anymore" she said getting up

"You wanna go for a walk?" He suggested.

"No can we just lay down together?" She asked

"You sure? We can do it next to the beach"

"I want to, but I just feel so drained and I'm still rocking like I'm in the boat"

"It'll wear off by time you wake up" he assured her.

"Hurry and eat, so we can watch a movie" she said before going to sit on the couch.

"No corny movies"

She rolled her eyes and decided to turn on what Josiah claimed was a corny movie on. It was her birthday right? Once he'd finished eating he sat next to her, she laid her head on his shoulder and continued watching the movie.

"I love you" she said kissing his cheek. Instead of saying it back he signed it to her.

Her mother was still heavy on her mind but she continued to think about how perfect her day was to keep it together.

"I get to pick the next movie" he said

"I was thinking you could give me another gift"She said sitting in his lap

"oh..." he responded not knowing what she was talking about, she kissed him and lifted his shirt.

"OHH"
—————————————————————-
"Can we walk next to the beach now?" Aubrey asked

DEFINE.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें