Chapter 40: I'm Her

"Hey Chris... can I talk to you for a moment?" I asked.

"Um, yeah sure," he says suspiciously.

We walk into the kitchen and leave Jace and Jazlynn in the living room.

"They're broke and need a new place to live. I was thinking since you will be moving in... maybe give the house-"

"I want to help them, don't get me wrong.. but we never even talked about me moving in yet,"

"We talked, we just never set a date. Did you not hear me, they need a place as soon as possible and your not-"

"As I said, we never talked about when I would move out,"

"You know what... nevermind forget it,"

He grabs my arm but I yank it and walk back into the living room to find my cellphone. 

"You okay?" Jace asks.

"Yeah, I'm fine... just need to call Jenna so I can buy a house today,"

 Jace looks around at Chris and Jazlynn and wonders what's wrong with me. I leave them in the living room and continue with my conversation with Jenna. She explains there's only one house available here in Los Angeles and she's there right now. I decide to meet her at the house and leave everyone home.

"Where are you going?" Chris asks.

"Out..." I said, slamming my front door.

  The house is about 10 minutes from mine and looks very big

  The house is about 10 minutes from mine and looks very big. I pull up and see Jenna arguing with some random man. As I walk up I look to my left and see a familiar car and I hope this isn't what I think it is. 

"Hey, Karmaa... we have a problem right now,"

"And what's that..."

  And from out the front of the house comes, Zane and Angelina, who is now apparently with child. I look at them in disgust without even realizing it. Why do these weirdos want to move to Los Angeles... what happen to him playing football in San Francisco? This is annoying, but I'm buying this damn house, no if's, and's, or but's from anyone. 

 "You have got to be kidding me right now,"

"Nope, this is not a joke. My fiancée and I are buying this house for our new addition to the family," she says sarcastically.

"I honestly don't care why nor did I ask. Jenna... I'm going to call Jazlynn and show her. If she likes it I'm buying it," I said as I walk inside the house. Angelina tries to keep an argument going but I ignore her and show Jazlynn the house through Facetime. 

"A brand new house? Kar, what the hell are you doing?! I don't want you to-"

"Listen to me... I am worth a lot of money that I will not spend on just me when others around me are in need. So, with that being said, I am buying this house for my two best friends and my niece. I really don't care about the both of you guy's pride at the moment because I am buying this damn house,"