Chapter 12: The Truth Shall Set You Free

- Present Day-     

   As a bunch of gasps fills the room, my body becomes weak. This has been eating me up for years, and to find out my own mother was apart of this rumor breaks my heart completely. As the words form out of my lips endless tears follow. " Excuse me? You never told me anything about rape! " she screams. I hear both Jazlynn and Dr. Rosie cry behind me and I suddenly get a second wind to continue, " I begged you to help me, and you denied me! " I screamed. Zane holds my arm down, and truthfully I want to kill her after everything she has done to me. " I don't know what you are talking about. Dad this bitch is clearly crazy obsessed with me." Troy says. As I step more in Troy's direction, Zane looks at me to step back. He balls up his fist ready for me to give him the okay to charge at Troy. I look over and Jazlynn shakes her head and rolled her eyes at Zane. Why is she looking at him as if he is wrong right now?! 

   " Mom! Are you fucking serious! You form a complete lie to please your new husband and his rapist of a son! HE RAPED ME! HE BEAT MY ASS AND RAPED ME! I screamed. Karen's eyes for once become tearful as she notices the hurt I have. " HE TOOK EVERYTHING FROM ME! HE TOOK MY HEART, MY SOUL, MY INNOCENCE! " I said as I cry out. Mr. Evans crosses his arms ready to defend his son but I don't give him the chance to. There is nothing any of them can say to shut me up. "Mom, did you know every time I utter the words of what happened to me I become weak. Any time I see or hear of Troy I get sick to my stomach! You call me damaged?! YOU BOTH ARE THE CAUSE OF IT!" I yelled. Dad and Dr. Rosie come behind me to show that they stand with me and I suddenly feel a weight lifted off of me. This needed to be said. I'm tired of hurting and feeling useless. Jace suddenly runs to me and began to cry, " Karmaa I'm so sorry! I didn't know! I should've answered the phone! " he says. I begin to tell him it's okay until he finishes his statement, " I was too busy in the bedroom with Jazlynn and- " he says but I interrupt him. Wait a minute, Jazlynn was having sex with Jace that night? Then why did she tell me they didn't start hooking up until months after I left?

     I shoot Jazlynn a confused look waiting for her explanation, but she just puts her head down. " Jazlynn.. you told me that you were looking for me. Why lie about Jace? " I asked. She looks at me with terror and I am completely confused. "Okay yes I was with Jace and we had sex that night " she says but somehow Jace starts to make sense of this situation. " Wait Jazlynn... we were in there for about 10 minutes until we heard Karmaa and Troy walk past the room " he replied. Both Zane and I look at Jace confused. "Then what? " Zane asked curiously. " She said she had to see something and how she would be back. But we didn't start anything until maybe seconds before you called the first time. But now that I think of it... Jazlynn where did you go? Your time seems off. You left me when they walked past us, then you ran like someone was chasing you just when Karmaa called me... Jazlynn what is going on?" he asked. Jazlynn suddenly becomes speechless. A flashback hits me and I remember seeing feet outside of the room door. " If you were in the room with Jace then... Jazlynn... were you outside of the room that night?! DID YOU HEAR WHAT WAS HAPPENING TO ME?!". I demanded her response. "You better answer her right fucking now " Zane says as he walks in front of me as a shield. Jazlynn is once again scared to speak, go figure! When she is caught in drama she shuts down. I can't take this shit anymore! " What's the problem Jazlynn... don't sit here and act like you don't know what's going on! You disappear 10 minutes before we come upstairs, and you randomly leave Jace in the room when we walk past the room you were in " I said as I move from around Zane. Her face becomes white as if she is scared of me. " After I ran to Karen, I bumped into my best friend Jazlynn over here, and you know what she said to me... Karmaa ew go use a tampon and I'll catch up to you as she runs upstairs " I yell to everyone in the room. I make a face to Jazlynn as if some information just came to mind. I forgave her from that night, but I never forgot... and something in my gut has been telling me something has been off with Jazlynn and I think I know why. Suddenly her current whereabouts I start to question. The night of the incident she was in sight than wasn't, on the first day of school when I needed her she was nowhere to be found, and then tonight she vanished and returns suddenly. " Jazlynn do you have something to tell me? " I asked as she suddenly has an attitude change. She walks close to me and begins to laugh. " Karmaa.. all these years you thought you were better than me and let me tell you... you will never be. Troy always wanted me, not you. He introduced himself to talk to me, but of course, you thought it was to meet you. You were so desperate for love you practically fell at his feet. Jace was a cover-up... I never loved him, while you and Troy were together so were we. But the difference is... He enjoys it when I scream for him. " she says. 

     Did- Did she just say what I think she said? You want to mock my situation bitch?! All bets are off. I ball up my fist and Zane looks at me and knows exactly what I'm going to do next. Jazlynn thinks she's going to walk next to Troy, but I grab her hair and drag her like a doll across the office floor. She screams and screams but I want her to catch every bit of anger I have. " You don't like that scream do you?! " says Zane as he watches me. I put my knees on her arms so she can't block my hits, and then I start to continuously punch her back to back in the face until I see blood. Troy tries to get me off but Zane pushes him hard enough to hit Karen and Mr. Evans. Dad screams my name but I tune him out. I tune everyone out and I continue to hit her. Zane realizes that he needs to stop me, so he grabs me and lifts me. As he lifts me in the air I somehow kick her in her mouth which makes her spit out both blood and teeth. " WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?! MATTHEW ARE YOU GOING TO ALLOW THIS SHIT! " Karen screams walking towards dad. Dr. Rosie jumps in front of him, " You will not come at him. This is what you call built up anger Karen! She is allowed to be upset! ". I have never seen Rosie get so upset like that, ever. Karen steps close to Dr. Rosie and dad instantly becomes pissed. " Oh, she hasn't seen anger until the full truth is revealed. Don't step into my home and demand anything to me. I didn't like you then and I damn sure don't like your ass now, so I must ask once again WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU IN MY HOME!".  Zane holds me and I calm down for a bit. Jazlynn and Troy stand next to Mr. Evans as they both try to examine her injuries. I let out an obnoxious laugh as I point at her, " AH HA BITCH! I could kill you if I wanted to! ". Zane positions me in the direction of Jace, he's heartbroken by Jazlynn and I can't help but run to him. Jace crumbles in my hands, he doesn't want to cry but I feel his pain. Jace is a great person, he is a provider and a complete lover so I understand his heartache. " What did I do? Why do I let my feelings continue to get hurt? " he asks. I don't know what to say at all. At this moment I feel like my dad when I cried in his arms in the hospital room. I can't change the past but I could be here for him. I hold him but he breaks free and bolts through the office doors. 

 " Karmaa... I wrote the blog to get people the answers they needed. I didn't want to hurt you. " Karen says. " And that's where you are wrong. I NEEDED THE ANSWERS! ME... NOONE ELSE. I NEEDED TO KNOW WHY WOULD SOMEONE I CARE AND LOVE SO DEEPLY TAKE EVERYTHING FROM ME! " I yell as I look at Troy. Zane pulls me behind him and I grab his arm. " I thought nothing can come between our bond, but you are a bitch. You preach all of this good shit in school, but you are a disgusting rapist". As Zane talks, he releases his grip from me and moves closer to Troy. " How many other people have you raped huh? " he asks. Before Troy can complete a sentence Zane immediately punches him in the face and makes Troy fall to his knees.  Dad steps up and gives Mr. Evans a look that makes him back down. Dr. Rosie grabs my arm to pull me back from the guys. "Come on tough guy, you like hitting and raping girls? Let's see how you'll act with me ". Dad pulls Zane from Troy and tells him it isn't worth it. Zane eventually backs up and walks to me and holds my hand. Through it all, he has been by my side and I can't thank him enough.

" Do you see what you have cause Karen? All of this could've been avoided if you didn't let your hormones speak for you 2 years ago. This was my last straw. You hold this grudge for me divorcing you over Karmaa but you are the reason! I left you because you fed her to the sharks and left her for dead when she looked for you to save her." dad explains. Karen suddenly looks away as if she doesn't want to face what he's saying. " I loved you with everything in me Karen but you ran out on our marriage before the girls came about with the same person you are ready to marry now. We were done the day you laid with him 18 years ago " he mentioned. The room draws silent when Karen starts to cry. She then wipes her tears and faces us again. Before Karen starts to talk Zane gets a call and he answers it. " No Matthew we were done the day you had a baby 17 years ago with Dr. Rosie here," she says. With not enough time to react Zane grabs my arm and we both run out of the office. " Zane what's going on ?! " I asked. He directs me to my car and carefully puts me in the car. I watch him run to the driver's side then climb in as if he's in a rush, "Zane? What's going on? " I asked once more. "Jace is at the hospital...and the car went over a cliff," he says scarcely. I put my hands over my mouth and remain shocked.