Chapter 31: The Tumor

"Dad! Dad!? Excuse me where can I find Matthew White?!" I yelled to the hospital's receptionist.

The receptionist keeps telling me to calm down but I can't. Anything bad in my life always seems to circle back to this hospital. My dad never told me why we are here and my anxiety isn't making things any better right now so I am completely freaking out. 

"Ma'am please have a seat in the waiting room until-" the receptionist says.

"No just find my father... please!"

Suddenly I hear someone screaming in the back and it quickly shuts everyone up from doing anything. Zane burst out of the doors and he looks worried which makes me even more nervous. 

"Karmaa! Come on... this way."

Chris and I run after Zane not knowing what is going on. Zane suddenly stops right in front of Chris which makes them bump into each other and I already know some words will be exchanged.

"You are not family, why are you even here?"

"Neither are you so stop thinking you are son" Chris replies.

"Son? Just because you are damn near 50 doesn't-"

"Shut up! Shut up! This is not the time! Now you tell me... what is going on and where is my dad?!" I screamed. 

"He's-" he murmurs.

I suddenly see my dad walking down the hallway and he looks like he's been crying and my anxiety and nerves start to rise every step he makes closer to us. No one has told me anything and the suspicion isn't helping. 

"I-It's..."

"Dad... talk to me what happened?" I cry softly. 

 Dad becomes overwhelmed with tears I honestly just want to scream what the hell is going on?! Chris rubs my shoulders to calm me down but I'm not patient. I barge past my dad to run into the room he came from. My heart sinks seeing my mom on her knees crying by the hospital bed, and Milo on the bed with different things streaming from his body. 

"Mommy? What happened to Milo!?"

"H-he... he has a brain tumor Kar" she cries.

My body freezes up and my heart shatters. Both of my parents cry harder and my reaction to everything is delayed at the moment. Milo is my baby, how does he have a brain tumor? 

"W-what?" I stammered.

" Milo had headaches that I didn't know about. I-I just thought he was fussing about like food or something. I didn't even notice he was touching his head a lot until now."

"A-A brain tumor?" I cried softly. 

"I am a doctor! This is what I do for a living! I should've known! Now my baby boy is going to die because of me!" she yells.

 I can no longer contain my tears, so I break down seeing mom blame herself like this. Dad and Zane rush to her side and Chris hugs me so I cry in his arms. Milo is only a baby... this isn't fair! He hasn't even lived his life yet... and here he is with a brain tumor the size of a baseball!

"From the wedding... to this, I can't deal with nothing else" she cries.

As she continues to cry, Dad looks at me and like a switch, he goes back to the way he's been since I've arrived back. He starts to mumble words but I can't really make out what he is saying but he's pissed. 

"It always seems to go back to the wedding that has been called off because of you, huh?"

"D-dad this is not the time... look at Mom and Milo right-" I cried.