Chapter 22: The Endgame

So many thoughts run through my head and I can't stop thinking about Jace. Is Jace really the anchor for them wanting to kill me? There is no way Jace is alive, I have practically seen his ghost, or was that actually him? Okay this shit is insane but before I think any further, mom and dad both knock on my room door. "Hey Kar you didn't finish your breakfast, are you alright? " mom asks. I shake my head and notion for them to sit and listen. " Jazlynn sent me a letter basically explaining the background of it all. Karen has a dollar sign over me, dad. And there is a huge possibility that Jace could be alive and he is being used as leverage against the Young family to get rid of me since Jazlynn didn't pull through " I explained to them. Dad sits in shock but mom doesn't seem to be surprised. 

She gets up off the bed and begins to look worried. " Mom? What do you know? " I asked as I stand up and start to cry. " I don't know why I didn't think of it until now, but one day Karen came to the hospital and wanted some Tetrodotoxin B. I didn't provide her with any but I believe she could have found some from another worker" she stammers. " What the fuck is that? And why is this just being said, Rosalina?" dad asks. She looks at us both with tears in her eyes but I answer dad's question with anger. " Tetrodotoxin B slows your pulse to one beat a minute". Mom begins to walk towards me and cry but I get pissed off instantly. " You mean to tell me that it is a possibility Jace was stabbed with that before he woke up at the hospital? " dad asked but I instantly lose all anger and become scared. "So it could be true, Jace could really be alive and we're just sitting here helpless when we can save him. Jazlynn was right with her theory now is the time we need to act on it and get proof to put these sons of bitches in jail. Not only are our lives on the line, but so is Jace's and Zane. I'm not even allowed to see Zane without being scared of what they could do to me next. This time instead of everyone protecting me I am going to protect them. I'm the reason that Jace might even be held captive, why Jazlynn was shot in a psychiatric hospital, why tons of students was shot at on a night we were all supposed to remember, while Mrs. Smith can no longer see her family any more, and why Zane had 5 bullets wounds on his body. 

       Dad looks at me with doubt in his eyes and mom comes towards me and holds me. I don't regret what I have said the only thing I regret is the people that I have encountered in my life. For Karen to have been my mother for the past 17 years and for Mr. and Mrs. Young to practically have been my second family since birth, this is a complete shot to the heart. I have never had high expectations for Karen recently, but let's be honest, she was my mother before I ever met my real mother, and you mean to tell me she is throwing $12 million dollars over people who have vendettas against me to have me killed over a man who she fell out of love with and who fell out of love with her. 

      These were supposed to be the best days of my life. It's my senior year and yet I have encountered the craziest time in my life, I have love, I've lost, and I'm tired. No matter what I do, it's not enough. I look at mom and dad, and the energy of the room is up in the air. I can tell mom feels guilty, and dad just wants to know what is my endgame. " Mom, I don't want you to feel guilty, because truthfully I would've thought of it as nothing too. Jazlynn told me in the letter that she saw one of Mr. Evan's guards be signaled to leave and follow Jace that night, and like you said she thought of it as nothing too. We all could've played a part in stopping Jace from even leaving the office but we didn't. I can't go to the cops until we have Jace safe and sound. I need Jace and Zane to understand that if I talk, Mr. and Mrs. Young will possibly go down to. Zane has already lost enough with both of his parents, so losing two other guardians might be a little hard. Jace doesn't know what's going on right now if he is alive so it may take time to fill him in on what he has missed. The plan now is for me to go to them and propose them with an ultimatum." I said but dad doesn't like any bit of it. " Karmaa, you will absolutely not go to Karen's house I forbid it! We will find another way to get Jace and Zane safely and finish this shit, I promise we will" he replied. I shake my head because I know this is the only way to stick them where it's going to hurt. " Dad, I need you to trust me. The plan sounds absurd but I know this is what needs to happen. They wanna get rid of me so let's just give them what they want. Jazlynn will be here the day before graduation, so I will write her a letter to fill her in on what we know and what evidence we need to get in order to put them down. When Jazlynn comes please listen to her. Out of us, Jazlynn knows what's going on and we need to trust her. She's the last person any of us want to trust but she's earning it back and we need to just respect it and trust her. Zane doesn't wanna be around her but you need to tell him to listen to her, please." As my mom and dad rush to hug me I let out a sigh and hug them tighter.