Chapter 21: To Karmaa, From Jazlynn

Leaving the hospital takes a huge weight off of my body, but now it's time to get down to business. " Everybody in this car needs to turn their phones off quickly and listen to me. " I said. Everyone looks confused but managed to follow my instructions. "As of now if you are not in this car or Zane, then you cannot trust them". My dad is unsure about what I said but I quickly explain right after. 

" Zane's hospital room was wired with cameras, and he saw who shot us both that night".

 My parents look at me worried and so does Esteban. "What do you mean he saw? Why aren't we telling the police then? " says mom. I shake my head but explain more deeply. " Mrs. Young shot at us that night. Zane said he saw her and I believe him. There has to be something deeper to her reasoning, and that's what I want to figure out before any police are involved " I replied. Dad freezes while mom begins to cry. "No way Karmaa, how is it so?" she asks, but for some reason, I just ignore her and watch dad. He's hurt by my words and I can only imagine. Mrs. Young is his highschool best friend and the bitch tried to kill me. "I can't believe this shit Karmaa. Why?" he asks, but I don't have an answer for him at all. I try to explain everything as best as I can but they have so many questions for me that I don't have the answer to. 

   We walk inside the house and Esteban helps mom bring the baby to the nursery upstairs. I stand next to dad and hold his hand just before he let's out a big sigh. "I almost lost you bebe, and now your telling me my best friend is behind what happened? Is that why you stopped us at the hospital? " he asks curiously. I nod and he hugs me and brushes my hair with his hand. We hug for a while and I don't want to let him go and I know he feels the same.

                 -  2 DAYS LATER -

  I am successfully settled into mom and dad's house and I can finally stop stressing. Big gigantic room with a beautiful bathroom to myself and I love it! Also, they gave me the biggest responsibility of all, in naming my new baby brother, and I must say, Milo Rafael White has a nice ring to it. Zane leaves the hospital today and I miss him terribly. As we eat breakfast in the living room, Esteban gives me a letter that just came in the mail, which surprises me because I didn't change my address yet. I excuse myself from the table and walk upstairs to my bedroom to open it privately. I open the envelope and see it's a 3-page letter from Jazlynn and I hurry to start reading;

Dear Karmaa,