Chapter 6: Zane's POV.

" Rise and shine boys! It's your last first day of school today! " said Ms. Young. I look over and see the amazing view and also Jace still sleeping, I decide to sit up since I haven't been sleeping since I've been here. I take a deep breath and head to the bathroom to start my morning routine.  Once I finished using the bathroom and brushing my teeth, I stop and stare at myself in the mirror. For a long while I forgot what I was doing until Jace banged on the door which snapped me out of my gaze. " Hey Zane man you alright in there? " he asked. " Yeah man I'm good, thanks." I replied. I brushed it off and headed into the shower.

   As I walk downstairs to the kitchen I see my godmother dancing to Solange's song; Cranes in the Sky, and I can't help but join her dancing. No sooner than me joining, here comes Jace and we all just enjoy the moment. I can't remember the last time I've actually soaked up a moment like this. " Alright boys, I have to leave for work. Make sure you leave on time! " says Ms. Young as she gathers her things. " Oh and Jace, make sure you give Karmaa a big hug for me! " she said as she hurried out of the front door. I notice on the corner of my eye Jace's eyes light up as if it is Christmas morning and he sees all of his toys. " Karmaa? She can't be serious! " he exclaims. I look at him confused because I have no idea what he is talking about. " Who is Karmaa? " I asked. "That's my girl best friend since diapers, she like vanished 2 years ago and now she is finally back! This is great " he says with excitement. I continue to eat my breakfast not interested in the excitement. I look at my watch and I jump. " Shit Jace! We're about to be late, let's go! I said grabbing my varsity jacket and bookbag.

     Jace's house isn't too far from the school so we walk. As we quickly make it to the school's parking lot, I notice all of the girls staring at me and I am eating it up. I live for this attention. I turn to see if Jace is with me and out of nowhere he disappears into the crowd. But back to the topic at hand. Some may call me a hoe in this school, but truthfully none of these girls here are worth not even a constant text back. You have the girls who will fall at my feet, then you have the girls who will literally give me all I would ever want. That use to be cool but its senior year and that kind of stuff is pretty pathetic to me now. Jace has a girl now so I think the hoe stage for me is null and void. " Wassup man! " says Troy approaching me with a handshake. Troy is another close friend besides Jace I have here. I moved here 2 years ago when my parents died and I needed people around me. People I care for and mostly, family. Troy is like family to me and nothing can change that. " Hey, man have you seen Jace? " I asked. " Nah he may be somewhere near Jazlynn" he replies. I thank him and try to spot Jazlynn throughout the crowd.

Where the hell is Jazlynn? Maybe she's with the cheerleaders, I thought to myself. As I was looking in that direction, I spot a new face. She's different, and not to say drop-dead gorgeous. Who is this and why haven't I met her? She looks good, let me stop looking at her like this. But for some reason, I couldn't stop. She was a sight for sore eyes, and I liked watching her. She broke eye contact and it snapped me back. Oh shit, I think I scared her, maybe I'll just catch up with him later. Yea ill just see him later.

                                                                     -AP Biology-

    Great, I'm stuck with boring Ms. Smith again. This is going to be one hell of a senior year. " Hey wassup Zane" shouted from across the room. I wave to be nice but I truly have no clue who that is. I sit on a desk in the back waiting for Ms. Smith to start, and at the corner of my eye, there she is. The beauty from the parking lot. I watch her and I know she senses me looking but I can't help it. Oh, Ms. Smith is finally starting but I don't break focus from her at all, she is beautiful. 

   Ms. Smith talks so much I try to remain focused, I'm slowly falling asleep which is terrible because this is a subject I actually like. She asks us a question and I easily know this so I raise my hand, just like many others in the class. But for some reason, Ms. Smith calls on the new girl I can't stop staring at. I must admit she is fierce. She is going toe to toe with Ms. Smith but truthfully I want Ms. Smith to just stop bugging everyone so I interject.  Ms. Smith finally settles with my answer and returns back to the board and a sigh of relief comes from the new girl's lips then she slowly turns and looks at me with a smile, and I just couldn't look away. 

I must admit, no one has ever had me like this, especially without even one conversation. Yea she's different.

     Later during the day, I thought its time I actually find Jace since I haven't seen him. I looked by his locker and I couldn't find him at all, go figure.  I finally just decide to check by the locker rooms and I found him. He was standing in front of the girl's locker room so I assumed he was waiting for his girlfriend. " Hey " I said as I stood next to him. He looks over and gives me a fist pump. " So I see you found Jazlynn huh? " I said as I touched the clothes in his hand and laughed. " Nah man this is Karmaa's stuff she should be coming out, you can finally meet her" he replies. I nod and the locker room door opens, the new girl I've been going crazy about is Jace's- Karmaa? Wow, I thought she looked good with regular clothes but this uniform is doing something for me. She looks good. She looks at me shocked but all I could do is smile and give her a compliment.

 She looks at me shocked but all I could do is smile and give her a compliment

   Karmaa finally greets me and now I can put a name and a voice to a face. A beautiful face that is. She starts to walk ahead of us and I watch her every move. I hope Jace doesn't notice he might be pissed about it. Jazlynn finally appears and they both kid around then eventually rush off. She doesn't look back, and neither do I.