Chapter 39: Apology Tour

I roll over and see the most handsome face to wake up to. I watch Chris sleep and my heart becomes full from everything he did for my birthday last night. I kiss his lips softly and reach down to grab his, well you know. 

 He wakes up from my touch and moans softly. 

"Rise and shine my love,"

  He kisses me and sits up from the bed. I look over and see his broad and strong back, he looks so good from the back. I sneak up behind him and plant soft kisses on his shoulder, rising to his neck. He groans softly, but not too loud for the girls to hear.

"Did you notice anything wrong with Jazlynn and Jace last night?" I asked.

"I noticed they were upset with each other, hopefully, they're fine though,"

"Yeah, I hope so,"

___________________________

 The girls are in the pool living it up and were waiting for Jace and Jazlynn. Jace called me saying he needs to speak with me and it sounded pretty urgent. They pull up and it looks like they just rolled out of bed or something. 

"Since when you wear sweatpants during the day Jaz?"

"It's not my best fashion choice but it's comfortable enough to kick somebody's ass today!"

Chris and I look around and wonder what the hell is she talking about. 

"Jazlynn shut up okay... I need to ask you a serious question right now," Jace demands.

"Okay, what is it..."

"Zane has been annoying me and practically begging me for months if he can talk to you, and I know how you feel about it... the choice is only yours. Do you want to settle this and press charges to make sure he doesn't come anywhere near you, or talk and get closure which I think you should have,"

"That's the dumbest shit ever heard Jace... he doesn't deserve shit but a letter telling him to stay the hell away from Karmaa... she doesn't need closure!" Jazlynn yells, and she's upsetting Jia. 

 Both of them arguing is annoying me right now. If it's my choice, nobody should be arguing right now. I haven't gotten over my fear of Zane so I honestly don't know what to say right now. Chris tries to stop them from arguing and it's not working at all. The more I watch them argue I notice this really has nothing to do with me, it's something bigger they are avoiding. 

"Shut up! Whatever you both are dealing with... stop avoiding it and deal with it together! You can keep telling me it's nothing... but I know it's something. You two are supposed to be getting married, cut this petty drama out."

"Your right..." Jace mentions. 

"Now, as far as Zane... I want closure. If I carry this with me, after a while he will get over it and I will live with this fear. I did that for 2 years before, I will not do it again, not happening. I will talk, but it will be on my terms and comfortable for me," I demand.

 Chris and Jace show support but Jazlynn doesn't agree. I understand but I will not give him the satisfaction of having this over my life. Security will be with me and so will Chris and Jace, I will be perfectly fine. Chris tells Jazlynn to bring the girls and Jia upstairs and away from this, while Jace calls him. 

  After a while, Zane pulls into my driveway and the fear has returned, and Chris puts it back where it came from. He holds me and looks me deep into my eyes and I overcome it. 

  Zane walks in and looks scared at me, and I too. Flashes from that night appear again but this time I fight it and contain myself in front of everyone, I need to get this rage out.