Chapter 30: Kiss And Tell

It's 6:00 AM and I barely got any sleep. I couldn't stop thinking about Chris kissing me, and I know it's been a year since any physical activity with any guy but he got me sprung off that one kiss. I walk out of the room and see everyone in the hallway looking completely tired.

  "Come on you guys, we don't want to miss this flight" Jazlynn says.

   We all make our way to the lobby of the hotel and some lady who looks completely drugged up is screaming at the receptionist. I can't make out what she's screaming but I can see Trixie and Chris looks concerned. 

  "Mom?"

  "You want to take my baby you son of a bitch! You can't take her!" She screams while trying to grab Trixie. Both Jazlynn and I grab Trixie so she stays close to us while Chris and Jace stand in front to make sure she doesn't come any closer. 

  "You need to go... You can't take care of her because you are not in your right state of mind."

  "H-How... T-this is my b-baby" she stammers.

   "She always will be... But I'm her legal guardian now after mom died Tracy. It is my responsibility until you clean yourself up. I promise you she will be okay."

"I dont believe you! She needs to be with me... I'm her mother!"

"Yes you are... but she needs you healthy. If you want Beatrix you need to change Tracy. I promise you I will take care of her." he stammers.

  "P-promise?" she cries.

   Chris grabs her to hug her while she cries in his arms and I feel so bad. I ask Trixie if she wants to hug her mom but she looks so scared to go near her. She hugs me instead and I do the same. I can feel how comfortable and safe she feels with us around her and that warms me up. The receptionist called the cops on Tracy and Chris lets them take her back to her facility. Chris comes to kiss Trixie on the forehead to make her feel better and she slowly does. 

   After the drama from the hotel, we finally make it to the plane on time, thank god because Jazlynn would've killed us for missing this. Trixie is beyond excited by this being her first plane ride and us sitting in first class. Jazlynn and Jace are on my left and Trixie have her own row to on my right. Chris is sitting next to me and the tension is a little high between us. I didn't want us to feel awkward with us but it's clear neither of us knows what to say to each other. Before take off my realtor calls to let me know about the house. 

  "Hey Karmaa, the house you want has been approved, and you are an official homeowner! You can pick up your new keys tomorrow morning and move in any time you want."

  "Really?! Oh my god... thank you so much, Jenna."

  "No problem, have a safe flight and I will see you tomorrow"

 I am so happy! I am officially a 19-year-old home and business owner. Regardless of the drama that seems to come in my life... I am extremely blessed to be in this place in my life. The plane takes off 5 minutes later and it takes everyone no time to fall asleep on the plane except Chris and me. 

  "How are you?" I asked softly.

  "I'm good, and you?"

  "Tired but great..."

  "That's good... I'm proud of you"

  "Thank you, Chris"

We stare into each other's eyes and completely lose focus on the conversation we started. I can tell his eyes are looking down at my lips as if he wants to kiss me, and I would honestly let him. 

"I know you don't want to make this awkward between us but..." he whispers.

"Don't... I dont want to be in a relationship right now. I love you too much as a friend to hurt you or me in the process."

"I understand..."

For some reason his eyes are telling me different. He wants more of me and I him but it's way too risky. I'd be lying if I said I were over Zane 100% so i'd just rather not toy with him. After moments of stares we talk a little more until we both fall asleep. We all jump to wake up as we realize we landed in Beverly Hills safely. Walking through the airport is just like dejavu when me and dad were surrounded by paparazzi the day we came back to town 2 years ago. We find Esteban and I missed him. 

"Welcome back guys, and who's this?"

"This is my niece, Beatrix but we call her Trixie" Chris says. 

"Hi Trixie it's nice to meet you. Hurry in the car so they're wont be anymore paparazzi coming after you guys." he says.

  We all hurry with our bags and make our way inside of the truck before any other photographers see us and we drive away. Esteban first drops off Jace and Jazlynn at her apartment, and then Chris and Trixie at his new house. 

She looks around and is amazed by everything here and it's cute to me

She looks around and is amazed by everything here and it's cute to me. "Do you have to go home Karmaa?" she asks while she hugs me, I give in and say no which makes her excited and I can tell Chris is too. He hands her the keys and she sprints straight to the front while we walk slowly to the front talking about her. 

"She is so cute."

"Yeah... she loves you..."

"Do you know what school you will enroll her in and stuff?" I asked.

  He shakes his head no and I insisted on me doing that task. Walking inside this beautiful house I am completely amazed on how gorgeous and modern everything is. Chris kept all of his things from Houston so it pretty much looks the same but other than that the house definitely fits his personality and style. 

  "Trix, I will turn the guest room into your permanent bedroom so Jazlynn will come and decorate it however you want."

  Her smile is from ear to ear and it melts my heart. You can tell that Chris wants to do any and everything to make her feel comfortable and happy and I think she is. She runs upstairs to check out more of the beautiful house and I watch Chris walk into his kitchen. Maybe it's my hormones or something but everything he does has been turning me on since he kissed me.

"You like what you see?" he says flirtatiously.

"Something like that..."

"Don't start something you can't finish..."

Before I can answer, and god knows I want to, my phone starts to ring and it's my dad. I tell Chris not to speak before picking up the phone. 

"... Karmaa?" he cries softly.

"Dad... what's going on?"

"... it's an emergency get to the hospital now!"

"On the way!" I replied.

I hurry and grab my purse to bolt out of Chris' house while he follows me. "Karmaa what's going on?" he asks, but I dont have anytime to talk at all. Esteban looks confused but manages to still open the passenger sidedoor for me to get inside the car. "Esteban you stay here with Trix... and Chris get your ass in the car, we need to get to the hospital right now!" I yelled. 

In a blink of a eye, Esteban runs inside of the house and Chris hops in the car to start the engine as we make our way to the hospital.