Chapter 16: It's A...

It is now May and it has been 2 months since the passing of Jace. We all love and miss his presence and wish he were with us. Oh, not by much surprise but Zane and I have made it official to be in the official boyfriend-girlfriend stage and I can say I am finally happy. 

   Dad and Dr. Rosie asked me to plan the baby shower and I've been killing it! It is actually today and everything is beautiful. She is now 28 weeks pregnant and finally showing a little something. The shower is being held at dad and Rosie's new house in the hills and it's fab! Dad is excited about his new bundle of joy on the way and I love to see it. Although we don't really know the gender of the baby we are still anxious. After finding out Rosie is my birth mother things have been surprisingly easy on all of us. She has been the same support system from day one but this time she's more worried about my curfew than before. Life for once feels amazing I just wish Jace were here to experience it with me but I know he is still looking after me. 

  " Alright, everybody! People will begin to arrive in a couple of minutes... thank you for everything but I need to be on my way to get dressed! " I yell at the staff. They laugh as I run to my car and leave the driveway. 

     I hurry inside of the hotel and work my way upstairs quickly. I open the door and see a completely shirtless Zane in front of me. I stop short with the door open and smile while admiring what I see. " Hi beautiful " he says. For a moment I stare at him and then I turn around to close the door. " Hi baby " I stammered. He smiles and walks to me to kiss me. " Did you just call me beautiful when I look like this? I look a mess " I said. He puts his shirt on and lets out a laugh. I rush to my bedroom closet to find a dress, but of course, I have no clue what to wear. I quickly strip down into my panties and bra and call Zane to the room. He walks to the doorway and just watches me. " Baby, can you pick a dress you think I should wear from the closet while I get in the shower? " I ask. As I grab my towel I see him staring at me and not moving. " You like what you see? " I ask. He nods his head and bites his bottom lip and I smile and walk into the bathroom. I close the bathroom door and hurry into the shower. A few moments later he's leaving to meet dad in the lobby. Once I finish in the shower I see the dress that Zane has picked for me on the bed and I get excited.