Chapter 18

• Dedicated to All You Amazing Readers who put up with me so far :)

See? Finally updating! :) Sorry all my stories are on hold, but alot is going on right now.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Chapter 18

The doctor replied, eyeing us sadly. Now I really was paralyzed. "She's... She's in a c-coma?" I whispered.

He nodded, "As the reason, her body shut down to restore itself. We have to give it time, but truth be told, we're not sure if she'll make it through this; she took quite a beating."

My fault... this is all my fault... I should've been there...

"It's my fault..." I mumbled, tears ready to burst out. Wo,w I feel like a kid again... Winry grabbed my shoulders and slapped me hard,  "Edward Elric, this is not your damn fault! You had no idea her father would be there and you had no idea what was going on at that moment! Now shut up, I don't want to hear you say something like that EVER again!"

I nodded, not looking up. I couldn't.

Instead, I looked down.

And I saw Tristan...

"You can go to her room and see her now." The doctor told us and left. We all walked into her room and hell... there were wires, a lot of them. Centrl was pretty advanced and I guess we can take advantage of that right now.

Each wire led to something wether it was the IV, the heart monitor, or whatever else... I hated seeing this. I sat down on the chair next to her bed and held her hand. It felt so... cold... so numb... so lifeless...

"Eri... ERIKA!" Tristian woke up, gasping for breath, his eyes wide with fear, "Where's Eri? Where's Erka?!"

"Tris, buddy, calm down. See, Erika's right there, nothing to worry about."

Tristian started to cry lightly, "I dreamt she... died... she won't die... right, Ed?" That look in his eye, the same look Al gave me when mom was fighting for life... It took everything in me no to burst out crying, I forced a smile, "Of course not, silly," I ruffled his hair, "she'll be fine. Nothing to worry about."

He looked at her again... "Is it possible I sleep in the bed with her... please?"

"Yeah, sure. Be careful, though." I lifted him onto the bed and let him lie down just as a nurse walked in with a cot. I stared questioningly, "For you." She answered my unasked question, "Or the other boy, he looks tired and so do you, actually. Incase you spend the night."

I nodded, "Thank you."

She left and I tucked Tristian back in bed, "Gnight Tristian." I smiled slightly. He said good night and fell asleep almost immediately, cuddling in to Eri's side. I sat down wihile everyone begun to leave. Winry and Dan were staying with Roy and Riza while this whole thing was sorted and would leave for Resembool tomorrow morning.

"Good night,  Ed..." Aiden mumbled, getting onto the cot.

"Good night." I replied.

Sitting on the chair and holding her hands again, I closed my eyes.

Flashback

"Ed... Are you ok?" A four year old Al asked him. He nodded and stared out towards the lake, "I'm fine." he answered. Al nodded in responce, not knowing what to say, and yawned.

"Hey Al... You tired?" Trisha had left them on their own so they went out to the lake, it was getting a little dark. He nodded again, closing his eyes and rubbing them slightly. "C'mere."  Ed smirked slightly, pushing Al down, "Lie down. i know you'll fall asleep anyway."

Al yawned and put his head down on Ed's lap before falling asleep. That was fast... Ed thought, laughing lightly. 

Of course, that ended up in Al sticking his face into his chest in his sleep, while Ed watched the sunset. "Hey Ed." Erika said, sitting next to him, then noticing Alphonse, "Aawww!" She giggled, "Ed you are so sweet."

"Oh, piss off."

"Nope, you're stuck with me." She laughed lightly.

"Where's Win?"

"She's coming, just caught up with granny Pinako again."

"Of course... She loves automail..."

"Did someone say automail?!" Winry squeaked, coming towards them and plopping herself down next to Erika.

"You're obsessed with it."

"Yeah, one day you'll see what I can do!" Winry argued back.

"Sshhhhhhhhhhhh!!!" Erika shushed them, pointing at Al, who was still fast asleep against Ed, he smiled lightly in his sleep, and cuddled up to Ed, making the older Elric smile down at his younger brother.

"Awww!" Winry and Erika cooed lightly.

"Shut up! Shouldn't you be gone by now?"

"Yes they should, and so should you, Ed." Trisha said sternly, approaching them.

"Sorry mom." Ed mumbled.

"it's fine. Just don't be gone too long next time. Now come on." She held her hand out and led them all, carrying Alphonse who was peacefully in a deep sleep. She took Winry back to the Rockbell's then helped Erika get back home.

While Ed watched her go away, sadness filled him slightly. He wanted her to stay, really badly...

But...

What was this feeling?

xxxx

When they got home, Trisha put Al to bed, he woke up slightly and held on to Ed, who sighed and ruffled his hair playfully, smiled, and got in next to him. As his mother started to close the door, "Mom?" He asked.

"Yes, Ed?" She smiled. He liked her smile, it was always filled with happiness and kindness...

"I think... I..." he hesitated.

She looked at him, "You think what?"

"I think I... like... Eri." Ed mumbled. Trisha giggled slightly. "I knew this would happen," she said, "just get some rest and talk to her tomorrow. I think this would go well."

"MOM!"

"Just saying." she laughed, before closing the door and leaving him alone, with his younger brother and thoughts.

No matter what he did, though, he would end up thinking about Erika. Her soft blonde hair and her kind, pure light brown eyes... He thought about her kindness towards everyone who deserved it and how great of a person she was...

Yep. he thought. It's official. I think I'm in love Erika James.

 I woke up, startled and stared at Erika again, "Wake up, Eri. We all need you. I need you." I mumbled before drifting into yet another deep sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you liked it ^^

Vote & comment!

~Music