"Staring"

"Staring"

________

I sat in potions class once again trying not to fall asleep again, when I looked around the classroom and noticed a pale face staring into my direction.

At first, his cold, icy gaze filled my chest with anxiety, but then I remembered that if he said anything, he would be the one getting detention- so I stared right back at him. I slowly leaned back, my eyes fixated on his.

After a short while he looked away for a second to check if Snape was noticing our staring competition already, but then he proceeded to look at me. The feeling of his eyes piercing into mine made my stomach twist and my hands sweat, but I still managed to keep my face as straight as possible.

After he realized that I wouldn't look away until he did, he raised his eyebrows at me, giving me a devilish smirk. In response to his playful smile I raised one eyebrow, daring him to stop staring at me. Unfortunately, my cold gaze made him smile even bigger, until he rolled his eyes and looked away.

On thursdays I basically shared my whole timetable with Malfoy and it didn't make it easier for me to avoid him. When I finally reached my next class, I still had five more minutes left. There was only me, Malfoy, Blaise and Pansy in front of the classroom, and it seemed like nobody had anything to share.

I knew they hated me, but for some reason nobody said a word. 

"Liv!", Cedric shouted from across the hallway, "I was looking for you!"

"Cedric" I yelled back, making my way into his arms. As I loosened my grip on him I noticed that he seemed nervous.

"I came to ask you something." he said excited.

"Okay, go on." I encouraged him.

"There is this party in the Hufflepuff common room on Saturday and everyone will be there.", he continued. I already assumed that he was gonna invite me for the party, but why was he so nervous about that?

"Aaaand?", I asked, pretending to not have clue what he was going to ask.

"Do you want to go to the party with me?" he asked in a shy voice. Usually his voice was so loud and clear, he always spoke so wildly, like he had nothing to lose or fear- but this time he was different.

"Of course Cedric," I punched his shoulder, "We always see each other at parties". Usually, we danced with each other on every common room party, but I wondered why he wanted us to go together.

He looked up with big eyes and interrupted my thoughts,

"No- I meant...", he sighed nervously, "like a date".

"ohoohoo-" I heard Pansy howling behind my back as I turned around and saw her leaning against the wall.

"Shut the fuck up." Malfoy whispered at her as he gave me an annoyed look, rolling his eyes right after. 

"Liv?" Cedric asked again, reminding me to finally give him an answer.

"Yeah, Cedric. Let's do that" I agreed and then pulled him in for another hug. The fact that he asked me for a real date made nervous- we've been friends for about a year. I knew that we had a lot of potential and we could really work as a couple, but I didn't see him that way.

"My class starts, I have to go." I quickly said before walking away from him.

"Okay, see you on Saturday!" he shouted, waving his hands at me. As I walked towards Malfoy, Pansy and all the other Slytherins I felt their eyes piercing into my skin. I expected a mean comment from at least one of them, but they all had nothing to say.