"I'm fine"

"I'm fine"

___________

Ms. Winters!"

Professor Snape yelled, standing in front of my desk. I quickly jumped up and rubbed my eyes before realizing that I fell asleep in class again. I looked up until my eyes met his cold gaze.

I nervously looked around the room and saw that everyone was staring at me,

"I'm sorry Professor, I promise it won't happen again.", I mumbled under my breath as my chest moved rapidly.

"Fine. Don't you dare fall asleep in my class again." his dark, monotone voice echoed through the silent classroom as I couldn't bring myself to take another look at him - this was so embarrassing. I felt my blood pumping as my face slowly turned red.

I nervously looked around the room until my eyes found his pale face. He was laughing with one of his pathetic friends, not hiding the fact that he making fun of me.

"Dismissed." I heard Snape say before I quickly grabbed my books and rushed out of class. I walked down the hallway in panic, desperately trying to find a spot where I cold be alone and calm down before my next class started.

"Bloody hell, Winters-", his harsh voice kept ringing in my head as my feet immediately stopped carrying me further, "Did you spend last night with that ginger boy or are you just having too many nightmares about me?", I slowly turned around to watch as he pressed his lips into a firm line, "Pathetic.", the sound of his voice made my blood boil in anger.

He knew that George and I were just friends and the fact that he constantly sexualized our friendship made me uncomfortable.

I took another look at him, how his blonde hair spilled messily across his forehead as he took another step towards me.

Since I could remember he never missed a chance to make fun of me. He took every chance to embarrass me or to make my day even worse. I never tried having a normal conversation with him because he was just too intimidating.

Since the sixth year had started I started getting more comfortable with spending time on my own.

When I was younger I had a lot of confidence, but as I grew older I began to avoid every situation that could possibly embarrass me in any way. I assume that my fear started with Malfoy since he was the one making fun of me every day.

However, I decided to keep walking as I raised my middle finger to him.

"Oohoohoo", he was howling behind my back as I walked around the corner. As soon as I was alone again my shoulders relaxed and my breaths became steady again- I knew that my fear of him was bigger than his respect for me could ever be.

I spent the whole next class thinking about his words while Cedric was sitting next to me. My leg kept bouncing up and down in the thought of Malfoy's intimidating smirk.

"Liv, you seem off today. Did something happen?", Cedric asked as he gently stroked my arm with his thumb.

I knew he had a terrible crush on me- George told me a while ago. Nevertheless, the touch of his warm hand caused my bouncing leg to calm down as I stared into his hazel eyes.

I quickly stared down at my desk shaking my head in denial,

"I'm fine.", I lied while my cheeks started heating up, "I'm just tired don't worry." I shook my head slightly, hoping that a strand of my dark brown hair would fall onto my cheeks to cover my eyes, I couldn't let him have a closer look.

Even though his presence made me feel safe and comfortable, I would have preferred to spend some time on my own in order to calm down a bit.

The thought of Malfoy teasing me again made my heart skip a beat and I felt so ashamed about the fact that this boy I barely knew had so much power over me.

"Are you sure? We can go to my dorm after class to take a nap." he whispered playfully, some of his light brown hair fell on his long eyelashes. He gave me a smirk as he waited patiently for me to respond.

"I'm sorry, not today.", I mumbled under my breath, " I am just really busy and I planned on meeting with Hermione in the common room later.", I whispered without taking another look at him. He sighed in disappointment and leaned back in his chair,

"Fine, have fun-", I thought he was mad at first, "I just want you to know that you can talk to me whenever something is wrong.", he moved closer, "I will listen."

I thanked him for offering me help, but I couldn't bring myself to look at him.

"Mr. Diggory, Ms. Winters, willing to share your thoughts with this class?", Professor McGonagall asked from the front. I didn't pay attention to a single thing she said in this class so I just sat there in silence. Cedric shook his head slightly and let out a quiet,

"No, sorry for interrupting the lesson, Professor."

McGonagall just shook her head in disappoitment and moved on. After class was over, this brown-haired Slytherin girl turned around to me and Cedric with a big smile on her face,

"What's wrong Winters? Did Malfoy hurt your feelings earlier?", she turned back around and laughed.

"Shut it, Parkinson." I hissed at her face, before turning around and feeling a hand around my wrist. Cedric grabbed my arm and pulled me out of the classroom.

"Bloody hell, calm down Slytherin-" he laughed, "see you tomorrow."

He gave me a tight hug before he left and I admired the way his soft hair bounced up and down as he walked away.