"Detention."

"Detention."

_________

I slipped down next to Fred at the lunch table. My eyes were still burning from the salty liquid they were  flooded with the night before. I looked up from my plate and locked eyes with George who raised a brow at me,

"Tired?", he smiled softly, but I couldn't bring myself to smile back at him, so I silently nodded in response. My eyes followed his movements, his hand moved down to his pocket, pulling my wand out,

"Here-", he handed it over, "you left it in my room yesterday and you'll probably need it."

If only he knew how badly I needed it 12 hours ago.

"Thanks.", I breathed out almost inaudible. I let my wand slip between my sock and the skin on my leg, the same place I always kept it in. I took a tiny bite from the fried chicken in front of me, but as soon as I swallowed it I felt sick again.

I sighed as I pushed my filled plate away from me, and George immediately reached over to eat the leftovers. With a heavy breath I pulled the thin sleeves of my sweater down to cover my wrists, I hoped they wouldn't notice- and they didn't.

Ron and Hermione were busy drowning in each other's longing gaze, and Fred and George were laughing about a joke I didn't catch earlier. Fred's shoulder bumped against mine repeatedly, and I kept myself from flinching everytime it did,

"Wanna smoke later?", Fred touched my arm, pressing down the purple marks on my skin without knowing. I inhaled deeply as I turned my head slightly,

"Not today...", both stared at me in confusion, and I started scatching my neck nervously, "I have detention later.", making a mischievous smirk appear on George's lips,

"Well, that's what you get for being late."
I rolled my eyes annoyed before slowly getting up. I couldn't stand their company- not today. I didn't feel like talking, or smiling, or even being there at all.

"See you.", I muttered while fixing my hair and walking out of the great hall. They didn't ask any questions, they simply just failed to notice how I had been struggling to breathe the whole time.

When I walked out, I had no idea where I was going. I had nowhere to be- there was no place or person that could have made me feel any better, so I decided to leave the castle. A lovely breeze fanned my face, blowing my hair back as I squeezed my eyes to look up,

the sky was filled with clouds- they left no space for the sun to shine through, and their dark grey color comforted me.

I walked down the stone-covered stairs, and as my feet met the grass I felt relieved. Some weight fell off my shoulders as soon as I turned around to see that I was all alone. I breathed in the fresh air sorrounding me, it all didn't feel like suffocating anymore.

It all just felt easier.

I let my body drop into the soft grass as I carefully rested my back against the cold wall next to the stairs I had just walked down. I knew I had at least an hour left before I had to be at Snape's classroom, and as I kept thinking about the time, my eyelids became heavier.

My arms were wrapped around my legs, hugging myself tightly as I closed my eyes and let my head drop back. Even right there- in utter silence and piece- I couldn't bring myself to find some rest.

My head felt dizzy, and so I let my thoughts wander. I pulled out some grass and picked it apart with my fingers, until the pieces of it fell through my fingers. I did it again and again, watching them quietly as the wind carried them away.

I had never really left the castle for months- I completely forgot what nature felt like, and I had missed the feeling of it so badly.

I loved nature, especially this time of the year.

Out here, away from everyone, my problems faded slowly. I allowed myself to really be present, to let my fingers touch the soft ground, to just watch the cloud as they passed by ever so slowly. And I couldn't keep them from doing so, just as I couldn't keep the world from turning.

And it was okay.

I was never really present, wherever I was- my mind always seemed to be somewhere else, it had always been like that. But it was different now.

And it was different when I was with him.

When I spent time with Draco, my mind stopped longing for a different place. He just needed to look at me, and I was there- I would have always been there.

Wherever I was- my mind was always with him.

______________

I opened the wooden door to Snape's class, sticking my head through shyly,

"Ahh, Ms. Winters-", he didn't even look at me, "Take a seat next to Mr. Malfoy."

My heart stopped as my head immediately snapped to Draco. He was leaning back in his chair, twirling his wand around so gracefully as some strands of his light blonde hair fell over his forehead.

He was staring at his hand without acknowledging my presence at all.

I walked over to the table right next to him, before letting myself drop onto the heavy chair. With a loud sigh I crossed my arms over my chest, annoyed that he didn't even care to take a look at me.

"2:47.", Snape breathed out in a harsh tone, "One student is still missing."

My eyes slowly traveled to Snape, who was now standing on his feet, both hands resting on the massive desk in front of him. He then cleared his throat, causing Draco to look up,

"Mr. Malfoy, have you by chance heard something of Mr. Sapph-", he went silent from a sudden knock at the door, before someone pushed it open with a loud creak,

"Ahh, Mr. Sapphirus.", my eyes widened as Snape urged him to sit down next to me, "Take a seat next to Ms. Winters."

My leg started bouncing up and down in a pathetic attempt to calm myself down. My heart stopped as I looked up and saw the filthy smile on his face as he walked up to me.

Sam's left cheek was covered in dried blood and bruises and there was a tiny cut on the bridge of his nose. I watched him sit down from the corner of my eyes, aware of every move he made as I started wondering where the bruises on his face came from.

Until my eyes found Draco's hand and his blood-covered knuckles caught my attention.

___________

Hello my loves! What are your thoughts on this chapter?

First of all, I am overwhelmed because I went from 10k reads on this story to amost 40k within like two days. That's just insane!
Thank you so much for reading and please don't forget to vote!

Have a great day/night and stay safe <3 The next chapter will be posted on Tuesday!