"10pm"

Content warning: This chapter contains scenes of abuse and violent actions, please read with caution!

"10pm"

_______

George took a small bite from the freshly baked bread in his hand, sucking in harsh little breaths from the heat of it, "So-", he swallowed as he tore it apart with his fingers, "will you be there tonight?"

I looked down on my plate with my chin resting heavily on my the palm of my hand, trying to find an excuse not to be there, "You mean the ravenclaw party?", he nodded quickly in response, drawing Fred's attention.

Hermione had been asking me the whole day, trying to convince me of meeting Draco on the astronomy tower, and I had told her that I wasn't sure. I knew that going there would be the wrong thing to do- I knew that.

But I would have given anything for the chance of being there with him again. The place where we had our first real conversation, where I caught a glimpse of pain in his eyes for the very first time. It was the place where we danced alone under the stars- we were always alone up there.

And in my head, it was ours. Something deep within the cage of my chest knew that, no matter how him and I would come to an end- that place would forever be ours.

I had told Hermione I wasn't sure, but the second I held that lovely piece of paper in my hands, I knew I would decide to go there anyway. I would have done anything as long as it was for him.

And I needed clarity- I just had to find out whether there was still a chance of fixing this.

Nevertheless, the undeniable truth was that, even if this was all we would ever be, even if we would never become more than this,

Draco would always be carved into my soul, and it would always be him.

George furrowed his brows, growing impatient for an answer, but I just didn't know what to tell him. With a loud sigh I reached over to fix a strand of his messy hair,

"I will be there around 11-", I pointed a finger at both of them as I leaned closer, "save me some whiskey."

Their smiles grew wider after I had mentioned the whiskey, and I heard them talking in excitement as I marched out of the great hall. I huffed out a chuckle on my way out, weirdly comforted by the thought of George waiting for me at the party- of having somewhere to be.

Because I knew that, after all, George would always be there for me.

__________

My hand grasped the metal of the railing, and I gave myself a moment of peace before facing him. I noticed how clear the sky was, how pretty this night was- and how it could be so much better with him next to me.

I inhaled the fresh air, and it smelled like summer. Even though it was dark already, I was still able feel the warmth the sun had left.

It was completely silent up there, the kind of silence I could've drowned myself in.

"That's a pretty dress.", a familiar voice echoed behind my back, causing me to turn around with a warm smile on my face. I let my hands brush over the soft fabric as I watched his tall figure in the distance.

"Thank you.", I kept my tone low, trying not to disturb the peace I felt. The moonlight flooded a part of the tower, but he was still surrounded with darkness. He kept his hands in the pockets of his pants, and we spent a few moments just looking at each other in silence.