"Thank me later."

"Thank me later."

________

After Fred and I kissed I couldn't stop staring at him. Why did the kiss feel so good? Hermione and Ron just kept staring at me in silence, because they probably didn't expect us to actually do it. We kept playing spin the bottle until midnight, but then Harry and Ginny fell asleep on the floor.

"Harry has a quidditch game tomorrow, let's wake them up and go to bed.", Fred suggested while he stood up from the ground and offered his hand to help me up. I felt tired and exhausted because I obviously didn't sleep that much lately, so I agreed on going to bed.

"Hey Scarface!", I hissed at Harry, after Fred helped me get up, "It's bedtime."

Fred, George, Ron and me stood in the dark common room while Hermione kept trying to wake up Harry and Ginny. "I think I will go now, the way to the Slytherin dorms takes a bit longer." I said, already hugging Ron a goodbye.

"Do you want me to come with you? The hallways can be scary at night" George offered. This was the first time he had talked to me after Fred and I kissed. I could tell that it made him jealous, but I didn't have a boyfriend so I allowed myself to not feel guilty about it.

"That's very nice George, but I think I'll just go alone."

Seeing my friends again after a long time made me really happy, but being in company for too long was just exhausting. After I said goodbye I cuddled everyone and after hugging George he held my shoulders, stared into my eyes and asked worried "Are you sure you want to walk alone?", and I nodded quietly in response.

"Okay, but make sure Snape doesn't see you. He is everywhere and he can be very scary." he warned me with a wide grin on his face. Then he gave me another tight hug and whispered in my ear

"See you tomorrow, be careful."

I turned around to leave the Gryffindor common room, where Harry and Ginny were still laying on the floor

"Bye guys! See you tomorrow!", and I walked off into the darkness. The hallway was dark and cold, but the moon shed some light through the windows. Right before I had to turn right I felt a tight grip on my mouth, pulling me against the cold wall. I saw a dark silhouette standing there in front of me, pressing its cold rings on my soft skin.

"Shh" I heard the boy whispering, "Be quiet, trust me."

It was the boy I've always hated.

His pale, cold hand was pressed against my mouth to prevent me from making any noises. I was breathing heavily because I had no idea what was going on. He towered over me, looking down on my shaking body. I couldn't keep my eyes from staring into his stone-cold grey eyes - I felt my soul freeze just by looking into them.

After a few seconds I heart footsteps around the corner, becoming less and less hearable. The boy I saw in front of me kept his hand on my mouth while looking around the dark corner. Then he loosened his grip, allowing me to finally say something.

"What the fuck are you doing?"

the fact that Malfoy just pulled me against the wall, covering my mouth and commanding me to stay quiet made it hard for me to whisper. After I asked him what he was doing a little smirk formed on his lips as he raised one eyebrow, still hypnotizing me with his eyes.

"Snape was walking around the hallway and I know you're scared of getting detention so-" he answered calmly, but with a touch of sarcasm. Then he took a bite of something I couldn't identify, leaned down to me and spoke slightly louder,

"You can thank me later." right before turning around and walking away, leaving me in the dark. I stood there for a few more seconds before I finally realized what happened. Was that just Malfoy saving me from getting detention?

I sighed and finally made my way back to my dorm. I was still so excited about the kiss I had with Fred earlier that I only slept for about three hours that night. Even the days after, I couldn't take a look at Fred and George without feeling confused and guilty. Another thing that I noticed in the following days was that Malfoy suddenly stopped teasing me. He didn't even laugh about me anymore.

Perhabs, after all this time, he wasn't that much of an idiot.