Leaves

An AU about autumn leaves. The two are about 15 to 18, I can't really decide on an age.

~

"Sorry we have to do this Matt, but my Mum wants me to." Clara said as she raked leaves into a pile with her best friend, Matt.

"It's alright. I got bored at home anyway." Matt replied, doing the same thing.

The rest of the time was quiet, the two not daring to say a word, raking leaves into a big pile quietly.

Until Matt accidentally trips somehow and brings Clara down with him. The two end up falling into the leaf pile, almost all of Matt's weight on her, if it wasn't for his quick reflexes. Leaves were scattered again on the lawn, ruining their work.

The two looked into each other's eyes, brown meeting green.

"Um."

"Well, not the place I expected to end up after raking, but I'll take it." Clara said, smiling. "There is such a thing as too keen, you probably tripped just to get into this position."

"I did not!" Matt could feel his cheeks turning crimson. In this position, he could examine her delicate face much more closely. It was beautiful, every single part of her was...

"Sure you did." She crossed her arms. "Now can you get off me?" He didn't move. "Matt?"

Realizing she was calling him, he stopped looking at her features.

"Huh?! Oh. Sorry." He got up slowly and extended his hand, which she took and stood up. Clara looked around and sighed.

"We have to do this again..." She sighed and handed him his rake. "Get to it Chin." Still blushing at that moment, he took the rate absentmindedly and began to rake.

Oh if only he had the guts to say something...

~~~~

School hates me. My inner demons hate me. Especially my stage fright one. Updates have been late because of this and I'm sorry.