💀 𝙺𝚊𝚛𝚕- 𝙴𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎

Time traveler Karl angst

The room was small, yet cozy, all warm tones and comfort. The young man's eyes were drawn to the crackling fireplace in the corner of the room. He found himself sitting on a shabby little couch, worn out and frayed, yet one of the comfiest things he's felt in a long while.

There was a small tv in front of them, but it only played static. That was Karl's first sign that something was wrong. He looked over to his left, noticing the figure cuddled up to him. Karl was laying on the other man's chest, and his black-nailed fingers were running through the brunette's hair. The man himself had chin-length black hair and a distant expression on his face, staring at the TV like it was the newest episode of OTGW.

"I-Is this home?" He asked, feeling at ease with the fingers running through his hair. He looked down at himself, seeing himself in his colorblock hoodie and a pair of sweatpants. This was his second sign.

"Of course it is," the man replied coolly, not stopping his movements in Karl's hair. "What else would it be?"

"Home..." Karl felt a wave of happiness surging through him. He hadn't had a home in a long time. He let out a sigh of relief and snuggled up to the man tighter; a moment passed before he realized he did not know the man's name. This was his third sign.

He lifted his head, about to ask, before a shrill voice entered the room: "Daddy!"

A young boy ran into the room, 3 more on his heels. The young boy jumped into the man's lap, upsetting the goggles balanced precariously on his head. "Daddy, can I have snuggles?"

"Of course you can, Finn." A small sizzle sounded throughout the room, and suddenly the couch was much longer. Fourth Sign. "Geo, Lukas, Kamryn, come on. All of you."

The boys climbed onto the couch, and Karl found himself in the middle of a cuddle-fest.

"Aren't our boys pretty, Karl?" The man asked, glancing over at him. Karl nodded quietly.

The youngest one- Karl remembered him as Finn- buried his face in Karl's chest and instantly fell asleep. The others fell asleep soon after.

Karl soon became drowsy, the man's fingers in his hair sending him off to sleep, before he spoke again.

"Karl."

"It's time to wake up."

Karl's eyes popped open, and he looked at him. "What do you mean?"

"It's time to wake up, Karl."

"I-I thought you said this was home." Tears pricked in the back of his eyes.

"It is. It's just not yours."

Karl shook his head, feeling the tears surface. "Then what is my home? I have nothing. Please, let me have this."

"It's not yours, Karl. I'm sorry." The man let go of his hair, and he began to fade, blurring into a myriad of colors along with the rest of the room, fading into pink and blue and purple and green...

"No! No!" Karl sobbed into the fading mist before he was falling, falling through a swirling portal of green magic.

~~~~

He jolted up with a gasp, placing a hand over his heart and feeling the small pocket watch he kept on a chain around his neck. He panted as he calmed down, brushing dirt and grass of his long purple coat and adjusting the goggles on his head. He sighed, hugging his knees to his chest as he realised it had been an illusion. A wonderful, hypnotic illusion.

He glanced bitterly over at the book laying next to him in the grass. "T-This is your fault," he stammered out, glaring at the book.

He couldn't help but break into tears, his body shuddering as he sobbed, knowing he would never have a real home.

I GOT THIS DONE IN LIKE 30 MINS BE PROUD OF ME