💘 𝙺𝚊𝚛𝚕 𝚡 𝚁𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚛- 𝚂𝚔𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚅𝚒𝚋𝚎𝚣

back to your regularly scheduled Karl x reader content ahahahaha, now with 80% more Karl!

(someone please take this site away from me istg)

She/her pronouns

(also i know nothing about skateboarding so my terms are gonna be shit haha)

Y/N POV

"You've got this, Y/N! It's not too hard!"

"Easy for you to say," I griped, holding my arms out to the sides as I attempted to balance myself on the board. "You're a pro at this."

Karl smiled appreciatively. "I'm not a professional, but thanks."

I rolled my eyes, but my expression changed as the board slipped. I pitched forward, falling off and wildly stumbling to my feet as I nearly tripped into Karl.

"I think it hates me." I pouted, glaring at the skateboard.

Karl giggled, and I relished in the sound of his laugh. Why did his laugh have to be so adorable?

I struggled being around Karl somedays, but not because he was annoying. If anything, he was annoyingly handsome. I wasn't quite sure how to label my feelings towards him without sounding like a middle schooler. I wanted to be his partner, but my brain told me he didn't want the same.

Karl picked up his own board. "Here, let me show you," he said. I nodded and sat down on the pavement next to the board, casting a quick scowl at it. He laughed again at my expression, and I felt my face heat up slightly.

Karl hopped onto his own board and pushed off, skating up one of the half-pipes and even doing a little jump. My eyes widened. He was really good at this.

He skated back to me and jumped off, running a hand through his messy hair. I exhaled and stood up.

"I stand by what I said about you being a pro."

He smiled and gestured to the board again. "Just try."

I sighed and climbed back on, almost instantly wobbling. Karl moved up behind me, quickly placing his hands on my waist so I didn't fall. My face turned red, but I didn't say anything.

"Hey, look at that. You've already got a personal record for longest time on!" He laughed, and I resisted the urge to turn around and smack him.

"Ok, now just try reaching down with your left foot and push off." He let go of my waist, and I instantly missed the contact. I gingerly did as he said, and moved forward about a foot. Karl cheered behind me, and I grinned.

He continued teaching me for the next two hours, until I could balance and even make a loop around the park. When I slowly circled back to him, he was jumping up and down and clapping.

I stopped the board and clumsily dismounted, and he ran forward and enveloped me into a hug. "You did it!" he cheered happily as I hugged him back.

We stayed in that hug for a minute, before Karl shifted his leg. It hit his board behind them, causing him to trip and fall backwards, taking me down with him. He landed flat on his back, and I fell on top of him.

"Ack- I'm sorry!" I blushed at the compromising position we were caught in, our faces inches apart. I blushed harder and moved to roll off of him, but he tightened his grip on me, keeping me in place.

"Don't." he said, staring at me. "Just- stay here, alright?"

I nodded shakily, my gaze caught up in his eyes.

He had really pretty eyes.

I wasn't sure who initiated it, but soon we were kissing and that was all that mattered. I was wrapped up in his kiss, which felt sweet and gentle and soft and perfect, like I was floating up in the fluffy clouds covering the sky. It was me and Karl, and it was perfect-

A loud cough sounded from behind us and I jolted up, quickly untangling myself from him. Chris was standing a few feet behind us, a shit-eating grin on his face.

"Chris!" Karl stuttered out, his face bright red. "How long were you there for?"

He shrugged. "Long enough. How's the... skateboarding going?" He smirked, and I launched to my feet and smacked his shoulder, going over to pick up my board.

"We're done," I said, tucking it under my arm. Karl got up and picked up his board as well.

"Well, c'mon then. Jimmy is taking us all out to dinner. He and Chandler are already at the restaurant."

"We're not eating more golden food, right?" I sent him a disapproving look and he laughed.

"No, just normal food. It's a good place though."

I followed Chris out to his car, dropping my board in the back of his Tesla and climbing into the backseat. I assumed Karl would sit up in the front next to Chris, yet he sat next to me.

Chris started up the car and a conversation, yet all I cared about was Karl's hand interlacing with mine.

ok this is cute, may write a part two abt the dinner???