Overdrive.

So....I have a goal of finishing these last 2-3 chapters of Intensity during the break, so expect me to be on wattpad a lot more often, and not just on weekends. :D

Chapter will be short.

(Long overdue, but...)[Photo of Cassie Steele aka Angela Jordan>>>]

____________________________

[Quote #10]

"On the edge of destiny, you must test your strength."

- Billy Bishop.

____________________________

{Kid Kelly Boxing Gym, Liberty Avenue, Saturday December 20th, 12:05 am}

(Prince's P.O.V.)

I placed two fingers on my neck, checking my pulse as I tried to catch my breath. B-More had been training us hardcore for the past twenty-four hours. If this is what the nigga calls basic training, I wonder what the expert training is like; killing niggas and shit.

We were on our hourly ten minute break, and I could see the stress growing on Jas'marieé's face. Her eyes were gray, indicating that she was getting sick. I wanted to tell her to stop, but the stern look in her eye had dared me to tell her no. Most of the time of Jas'marieé's break was spent still training; she didn't want to stop until she had mastered every skill in the book. I watched closely as she did an impressive roundhouse kick, as well as shoot a gun without spraining her wrist. Her lithe movements made her a threat. Her tough exterior was showing, and it amazed me that she left it so dormant.

I picked up the semi-automatic handgun, loading it with the steel bullets included. I clicked the clip into place and cocked it at the metal plate of the boxing ring. I pulled the trigger, feeling the inert jolt coming from the bullet's release. Damn, I haven't done that in a while.

B-More came over to me, giving me dap.

B-More: The peacemaker still knows how to shoot a gun. Impressive.

Prince: Duh. You know how I do.

B-More: Come with me to the side real quick? We need to chat really fast.

I raised an eyebrow hesitantly before nodding. B-More nodded and called to Jassie.

B-More: Jassie!

Jas'marieé: What?

B-More: Prince and I will be in the corner for a second, chatting. In the meantime, continue up on jumping from rope to rope.

Jas'marieé: You got it!

Jassie ran to the ropes and stood tall on one and jumped to the adjacent one. As she continued this pattern, B-More gestured for me to follow him. He led me to the corner and checked his G-Shock.

Prince: What's up?

B-More: We have a game changer.

Prince: And what is it?

B-More: Jas'marieé can't go with us to this mission of the trap house.

Prince: What?! Why not?

B-More: Look at her, man. It's clear as day that she's putting herself in overdrive. Overdrive is not good, Prince. If she burns out, it's up to you to fight the rest of the battle.

Prince: So how am I supposed to go about this?

B-More: You gotta explain to her like, 'Listen baby girl, you may have to sit out.' If she burns out her energy before the mission and is caught, she'll be killed on sight.