Gateway Spliffs.

No school until next year! (trolololol.) swag.

____________________________

[Quote #9]

"They ain't even thank Jesus when he died on the cross 'cause your spirit is ungrateful; bitches is so hateful. I remain a staple."

- Nicki Minaj, "Freedom"

____________________________

{Four Days Later, Thursday December 18th, 12:12 pm}

(Jas'marieé's P.O.V.)

I sat on the roof of my building, smoking a spliff as it rained down slowly. Today was the day of Sevarion's funeral, and I was trying to contain myself from breaking down. I had went with Prince, who had surprisingly wanted to pay his least bit of respect to him. It was a very bittersweet ceremony, if you ask me. There were moments where we all laughed at the memories of Sevarion stored in old videos, and times where we cried at the fact that he could never come back and be happy again; he had so much on his plate that I didn't even know about. There were times where I saw Prince shed a few tears. Despite his constant beef with Sevarion, deep down, Prince had heart for him.

[Flashback to Funeral]

The eulogies were nearly over until I was called up by Mr. Ridgewood. I tried to decline, but everyone encouraged me to, so I stood up and stood next to Mr. Ridgewood. I examined many of the faces of the people, who had a mix of animosity and sympathy for me. I had took a deep breath before speaking.

Jas'marieé: Hello everyone. I'm Cady--I mean, Jas'marieé Gutierrez, and I was Sevarion's last ex-girlfriend and almost the mother of his first child.

I heard a few gasps from a few of Sevarion's aunts and a silent chatter from the students in school. I decided to ignore it, trying to make the best of what I was to say.

Jas'marieé: Many people around the world know of me as that fast little fourteen-year-old in Mindless Behavior's group. I was sick of judgement and drama from those that didn't know me and those who loved me, so I ran away here. As I hid from the world under the name of Cadyn Ventura, I met Sevarion in our school. Sevarion was dancing through the hallways with his Smokey the Bear slippers before slipping and falling next to my locker. (laughs lightly) I helped him up and we spoke for a while. After a somewhat long period of friendship, we started dating. Sevarion was the most sweetest boys ever when we were together. He had always been the one to hold me down and listen. Whenever you had an issue, he'd listen. Deeper into our relationship, we went in over our heads and had gotten serious after I confessed that I was me. I expected to be single again, but he surprisingly accepted me. After then, I thought we were perfect. He was real. He saw me for me. Things went downhill between us, and I lost my child.

I sighed, feeling hard tears coming down.

Jas'marieé: Honestly, I wanted to hate him, but I couldn't for the simple fact that I was tired of having hate in my heart. Minutes before Sevarion's death, I saw my reflection within him. He died tired. He was tired of having hate in his heart, and I learned where this hate was deriving from. He had lost a lot of people within his lifetime, and it's hard to erase such a scarring. If Sevarion was alive, I believe that he could've made it far. The world sees him as a victim of Broken Heart Syndrome, but we all in here see him as a bro, cousin, diary, son, and to me, an underlying hero. Rest in paradise, Sevarion.

[End Of Flashback]

After my eulogy, I left the ceremony. The pain of seeing him being buried would've killed me inside.

I watched as the rain slowly came to a slow stop as a bright evening-like sun broke from the clouds. I took a long drag before letting it flow from my lips and my nose. I closed my eyes, leaning my head back. I just wanted the day to be over. I put my spliff to my lips and took a longer drag, but held in the smoke.