Chapter 1: Dear Diary

It has been officially 2 years since moving in with my dad in Fiji. He moved here to get away from Beverly Hills which he calls "Hell on Earth". He's been calling the town that for years but I finally understood what he meant 2 years ago. Since being in Fiji, things haven't been a complete paradise. My first month arriving my dad made me participate in therapy to help with what some would say " childhood trauma " and he also had me be homeschooled. Yeah I know homeschooled? Not my type of thing but it really made things differently by helping to control my anger and the pain I've been feeling. Dad has been, Dad. Still the same support system and showing the unconditional love I needed in a time like this, and I love him so much more for it. When we're here I see another side to him I've never seen before, he's so passionate about his work it amazes me and even inspires me. I got to go on set with him to see him in action and what can I say? I was overwhelmed. We grew a closer bond being together and I learned my incident may have been a blessing rather than a curse.

Today is our last day in Fiji, dad and I are returning back to Beverly Hills so I can finish high school with familiar faces. I must admit I am anxious, but I believe I am ready. Dad isn't too sure about me returning given the circumstances I had to endure but I feel it is time and I am tired of running, and of course, he is being supportive but deep down I know he isn't happy with this idea. Being here I shut out everyone back at home for keeping my state of mind clear and positive which now I can say was an excellent idea - Great job Karmaa! Nonetheless, I can't wait to see my housekeeper, Maria, who has done nothing but taken care of me, and my little sister Moira, who I know is probably almost as tall as I am. Even my best friends Jazlynn and Jace who have been by my side through thick and thin. They will be pissed at me since I haven't reached out to them in two years but I hope they will understand. Last but certainly not least, my favorite doctor, Dr. Rosalie, who I know has an extreme crush on my dad. She helped me with so many things, gives me advice, mentors me, and always a shoulder to cry on. Oh wait- Ill be right back!

-15 minutes later-

Well, I'm back and since then Dad has been on the phone with Karen nonstop arguing once again. Oh, yea this Karen lady I speak of is sadly my mother. I know you may wonder why I call her by her actual name but to be completely honest I don't respect her enough to give her the satisfaction of the title " Mom " you know. Karen and Dad's relationship was so perfect to me, I dreamt of having a love like theirs once, but as I have gotten older I noticed things and that love turned to hate quickly to where it was only a matter of time for the divorce. Dad filed for divorce the night of the incident, which I must admit is random given the years he's been in hell, but maybe it was his last straw that night. I hate to think I might have been the reason for the divorce even if I don't particularly like Karen. Anyways, I really don't need to do these anymore since my therapy is over, but I must confess, I actually love it.

Well, we have packed EVERYTHING and finally arrived at the airport, it is 7:00 pm here and we are boarding our flight now so we can get back in time for my first day of school. Dad told me Karen wants me to stay at the house and not with him during the year. Hearing the yelling on that phone earlier, he was pretty pissed but truthfully I wouldn't mind staying with her but only for me being with my sister since I have a lot of catching up to do. Ugh, man who would've thought I would ever go back to Beverly Hills? This is crazy! Maybe I should do dad a favor and not even go through with it! I mean he is only coming back for me. Why should I put him through this with me? Okay let me chill, I have my dad with me and that's all that matters. But I can't help but think about all of the blogs and reporters who practically beg for a story are going to say about me. I bet they are saying... " Karmaa White: The Runner ". That's not particularly the reputation I want to have. Sometimes I really hate that Karen and Dad are apart of the public eye, Karen is a fashion mogul and Dad is a well-known movie director around the world and yet I get judged and watched just as much as they do! I just want to be a normal girl. I want to just finish high school with my friends in peace! Is that too much to ask? Anyways I've been positive for the past 2 years and I think that's what I need to continue doing and just move on from the past, right? Well, here we go. Hell on Earth here we come...

POV.On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara