Chapter 48 -

Chris's POV -

I knocked Aniyah's door & waited for an answer. She didn't so I knocked again. Her car is in the driveway so I know she's home. I went to ring the doorbell when Aniyah opened the door.

"Chris, hey." She said awkwardly.

"What's up ?" I asked. Michael came downstairs with no shirt , but one in his hand & his keyes in the other. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her forehead.

"I'll see you later, bae. Okay ?" He said.

"Mhm." She mumbled before kissing him. I sat there looking like a damn fool. He then left without acknowledging me.

"Y'all together ?" I asked.

"No, we decided to be friends. I almost slept with him , but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I'm still in love with your ass."

"Oh."

"Come in." She exclaimed.

"Look we need to talk." I said.

"You and Bri broke up , didn't you ?"

"Yeah."

"So I'm a rebound."

"No, she was."

"I can't believe you dissed me the whole time and then expect to mosey on down here to try and get me back. You must be - " I passionately kissed her , not letting her finish.

I couldn't hold it in anymore. She pulled back and looked in my eyes.

"Trust me on this." I whispered.

"..K.." I could tell I took her breath away.

"We both made mistakes in our relationship, but it's obvious we need to be together. I want you back." I said interlocking our fingers.

"I don't know if that's a good idea. You kinda broke my heart."

"Do you wanna get back together ?"

"We still have shit to work on."