Chapter 51

Adalyn

I couldn't help the feeling of panic that settled in my chest as I laid back down on Roman, drawing small circles on his warm skin.

"Do you think she could be?" I whispered, my voice barely audible.

"I really hope not. She knows a lot of things." He responded, his muscles tensing from stress.

I closed my eyes and hugged myself tighter to Roman's furnace of a body.I knew that in the end, no matter what happened, if he was by my side I would be okay.

"We can't worry about that now, the only thing we can do is focus on yours and the pups health." He hummed, rubbing my stomach with a small smile.

I gently giggled, placing my hand over his as tingles flowed through my skin.

"We need to start thinking about names." I said sitting up as I turned towards him, taking in his appearance.

His crystal blue eyes were light with happiness as he stared at me, his dark hair a tamed mess on top of his head. I reached my thumb up and gently trailed it over his eyebrow before I moved down to his lips, separating them before I leaned up and softly connected our lips.

"We're gonna need a lot of names." He mumbled against my lips as I let out a loud laugh.

"Indeed we are Mr. Blue." I teased, biting my lip as he stared at me with narrowed eyes.

I sat up and crossed my legs as I let out a small sigh, stretching my arms above my head before I turned towards Roman once again.

For the next half an hour we sat together and came up with a few names that we loved. I giggled every time he would purposely say an obnoxiously long or accented name.

"By the way Rene asked if we could name a pup after him." Roman said, a smug smile tugging at his lips.

I laughed loudly, feeling my cheeks pull up into a goofy smile as Roman stared at me with adoration.

"I love you." He whispered, sitting up as he placed his lips on mine.

They softly molded together before he pulled back and placed his forehead against mine as he stared into my eyes.

"I love you too." I mumbled against his lips.

He kissed my lips once more, playfully swiping his tongue along my bottom lip as I allowed him in, his hand moving up to cup my face in his warm palms.

After a few minutes he pulled away and laid back down, wrapping his arms around me and bringing me down with him. I laid my head against his chest, allowing his heartbeat to thump against my ear, relaxing my body.

He pulled the comforter over us as I closed my eyes, attempting to sleep after our very eventful day. I eventually allowed myself to fall into the darkness, my body completely relaxing into his as I slipped out of consciousness.

Well that was until at least a few hours later I felt a sharp pain venture though my whole body, jolting me awake.

I shot up, immediately clutching my stomach as I cried out in pain. Roman shot up, the darkness surrounding us as he quickly pulled the comforter off of us.

I let out a chocked sob as I noticed the pool of blood underneath me, all escaping from between my legs as another sharp pain rang through my body.

"Roman!" I cried out, immediately clutching on to him as he scooped me up into his arms, wasting no time as he ran out of the room and down the stairs.

I looked up into his eyes as they briefly turned grey, showing me that he was mind linking someone. They quickly turned back to their vivid blue as he ran out of the house and towards the pack hospital. I clutched on to my stomach, looking up to the dark sky as I prayed for the safety of my pups.