Chapter 34

Adalyn

My breathing stopped as my eyes widened and I looked at the girls in confusion.

"I- what? No." I mumbled looking at them in shock.

"Look Adalyn take a seat, we have some things to talk about." Fiona said patting the chair next to her, a soft look on her face.

I nodded my head and sat down watching as they all circled around me.

"Look Monara's been putting stuff in your food and water that makes you see things that— well aren't true. Like illusions. And when a girl is pregnant with wolf babies then they have the ability to push it back up if it's not safe for them or the momma and we didn't want to say it but your stomach does look a little round." She said kneeling next to me.

My eyebrows furrowed as I looked down at my hands in my lap, gently playing with my fingers. They moved up to my stomach where I gently placed my hands.

"But how is that possible." I whispered. They shrugged their shoulders and looked at me softly, their eyes not training a specific spot for too long.

"Can you help me out of this dress please, I feel like I'm suffocating." I laughed wiping away the last of my tears.

They nodded their head helping me stand up before they began to help me out of the fabric.

I let out a sigh of relief when I was finally free of all the heavy material. I walked towards the mirror and turned to the side noticing the small buldge that extruded out from my stomach.

"Oh my god." I mumbled covering my mouth.

I was either A. Getting fat or B. Definitely pregnant.

A small hand was placed on my shoulder and I turned around seeing Fiona with a sad look on her face.

"Look, I'm sorry for being rude earlier. I've just been through a lot and I judged you before I got to know you. I'm sorry." She said looking at me with a small smile.

"It's okay. I couldn't imagine going through what you went through. I love my mate so much and without him I have no idea what I'd do." I said gently sniffing to stop the incoming tears.

She nodded her head and gently hugged me wrapping her arms around me. I hugged her back and she pulled back with a smile.

"You can stay with us for today, I'm sure you've had enough of Monara." She said smiling.

I nodded my head and we all walked out the door and began walking down the hallway.

There I learned that the other two girls names were Phoebe and Tarah. So it was Fiona, Lynn, Phoebe and Tarah.

They all had werewolf mates but some of them never mated. I grimaced as I thought about all the pain they had to go through. Heat was not a fun adventure. The only thing I enjoyed about that was when Roman took care of me in very nice ways.

It looked like Fiona was the only one who fully mated with her mate but she also told me that her and her mate were caught trying to escape so they killed her mate in front of her and took her back to the palace so that she would work for Monara.

"I'm sorry." I whispered. She looked at me with a pained smile and nodded.

"Are you part wolf?" Lynn asked looking at me curiously.

We had finally made it to their joined room and we sat down on their beds just talking.

"Yeah, my mom was human and my dad was a wolf. My mom had a womb that was able to carry a werewolves baby." I mumbled shrugging my shoulders.

I looked down at my tummy again and softly ran my hand over my stomach.

Adalyn.

I shot up so quickly I almost made myself dizzy. I began breathing hard at just the sound of his voice.

Roman.

Why the fuck was someone in between your legs last night.

My cheeks reddened at his words but then confusion quickly covered my features.

I don't know Roman. Monara has been giving me drugs or something and it's been messing with my head. I can't explain it, it looked like you but I knew it wasn't. I pushed whoever it was away.

Adalyn you don't understand how fucking upset I am with you. Why in the hell would you leave?

He asked with anger clearly present in his voice. I sighed and placed my head in my hands.

I don't know Roman, I thought I was protecting you.

Addy, I don't need fucking protection. I have been surviving for a hell of a lot longer than you. You should have talked to me. And about that stupid pregnancy stuff, you think I care? I love you for you, I don't care if you give me a child or not.

I know I'm sorry. I just wanted you to be happy and be able to pass on your name Roman. And what about Evelyn between your legs? Huh?

What in the hell are you talking about Adalyn? Evelyn? She came back here but as soon as she got here I sent her back telling her I would kill her if she stayed. I would never do that to you Adalyn.

I saw it! I saw your vision and saw her between your legs underneath your desk.

Addy, I seriously don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Like you said Monara has been giving you stuff, it probably made you imagine that. You can ask Rene, he's been by my side since you've been gone. The son of a bitch won't leave me alone.

"Adalyn are you okay?" Tarah asked.

"Shh, she's taking to her mate." Fiona whispered. She was the only one who would be able to understand since she herself had fully mated.

Roman I have to show you something.

I stood up and smiled at the girls before I went to their bathroom, closing the door behind me.

What do you have to show me?

His voice was a lot calmer now as I could sense him viewing my vision.

I sighed softly and turned to my side and pulled up my dress, turning myself towards the mirror. The bump on my stomach was barely noticeable but was definitely there. Compared to my normal physique it was definitely different and considering I haven't eaten much recently I wouldn't be gaining weight from just eating. I had to be pregnant.

Oh my goddess. Addy are you... how is that possible?

Yes. I'm pregnant and it turns out I'm a hybrid, half wolf, half human.

He started chuckling brightly in my head and I smiled at his voice. It would make sense that I was pregnant considering all the times we've done it without protection and my body was aching badly when I was home with Roman.

Fuck Addy, you need to get home right now. I'm fucking freaking out. If Monara finds out he will kill our babies. I'm coming to get you.

He growled loudly as my hand gently cupped my stomach.

Don't, it will make it more obvious. I promise I'm going to go see my mom and from there I will come home. I promise.

He groaned loudly and I could sense his frustrations.

It's okay Roman, I will be home soon with our babies.

He let out a sigh and I gently smiled pulling my dress down before I walked back out of the bathroom.

"We have a mission." I hummed with a smile.

They all sat up looking towards me.

"Mission get me home."