Chapter 20

Adalyn

I gently opened my eyes to the pitch black room and attempted to roll over, however I was stopped by a heavy arm snaked around my waist. I groaned lightly as I noticed the ache below my waist.

Almost every single muscle in my body ached as I lifted up his arm so I could roll over, facing him. He groaned lightly and tightened his arm, pulling me closer to his chest.

I hissed slightly from the sensitivity as I closed my legs fully. That had him waking up in no time as he shot up and looked at me.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

I almost moaned out at his groggy voice. It was even raspier then the last time and it turned me on to no end, but I would not let him know that as I ached down there so bad.

"Yes I'm just very sore." I whispered, wrapping my arm around his torso as I laid my head down on his warm chest.

"I'm sorry baby." He moaned.

"It's okay." I mumbled gently kissing his neck.

Last night Roman kept going round after round after round. I lost count how many times we did it. All I know is that by the end I almost blacked out from how much I had came, it was like he had unlimited stamina.

He eventually gave it a rest as he said I needed some sleep which I quickly agreed to. We did it in so many positions that I even lost track of that, doggy style, cowgirl, reverse cowgirl, etc.

He reached over and grabbed on to my leg, moving it so it went across his waist and so he could leave his hand on my thigh.

I closed my eyes and let out a sigh as I played with his hand, my finger tracing the ring on his middle finger. I believe that it's a family crest ring as it was pretty big with a circular, flat top and something engraved into it. I hadn't looked too closely at it before to know what it was.

"If you're up for it, I was hoping you could meet our pack today." He hummed looking down at me.

The moonlight was shining through the window, highlighting the crystal blue in his eyes as I sighed watching him.

"I would love to." I smiled, reaching up and kissing his lips.

I left it short and sweet as to not give him any ideas. I knew that if that kiss lasted a few more seconds, he would be inside of me with me begging him to fuck me right now.

"I like the way you think." He smirked tightening his arms around me.

"No Roman, I can't." I sighed leaning my head back down on his chest.

I think I was going to be sore for the rest of my life if his stamina stayed like that forever.

"You're body will be able to recover more quickly after each— 'session'." He smiled.

I furrowed my eyebrows as he kept answering my questions.

"Can you read my mind?" I asked looking up at him. He nodded his head and gently kissed the top of my head.

"Can I read yours?" I whispered turning my body so I was laying on top of him instead of next to him.

He looked down at me and smiled softly before nodding his head. I closed my eyes and focused on him and before I knew it I could hear his thoughts, not only hear them but see the memories he was thinking of.

We sat in silence as memory after memory of war flooded my mind. I bit my lip as I watched them flash in my mind.

One of them hurt particularly the most as I watched from Roman's view, him on his knees begging someone to get up. They were surrounded by the forest and when I got a view of the body I gasped out. The body was mutilated beyond recognition, blood staining the once tan skin.

"Maddox wake up!" Roman cried shaking the body.

I watched as Roman sat up and the sound of bones cracking filled my hearing as he took off sprinting through the woods in what I could only assume was his wolf form. He was out with a vengeance and even I could see that through the memories.

He ran through the city and people cried out, moving out of the way of the furious wolf. He snarled and growled as several soldiers ran his way, ready to attack him with guns.

He waisted no time in tearing them to shreds, ripping their throats out before letting their dead bodies drop to the ground.

He walked through the palace that held Monara and right as he saw him ready to pounce a blood curdling scream filled the room.

He looked over and whined as a beautiful girl with raven black hair stood there with tears in her eyes, her hand covering her mouth.

Roman whined and lowered his head slowly moving towards her.

"Stay away from me! You Monster!" She screamed. What killed me next was that she ran to Monara's arms.

The vision stopped as I looked up at Roman, tears in my eyes. He looked ashamed as he furrowed his eyebrows, carefully studying me.

"Do these constantly haunt you?" I whispered, reaching up and cupping his chin.

He nodded and I could feel his chin quiver underneath me. Here I thought Roman was the strongest, unable to feel sadness but yet he was the broken one all along, these memories of war and heartbreak constantly flashing through his mind.

"W-who was she?" I asked. He looked down momentarily, refusing to meet my eye. I tilted his face up until his eyes met mine.

"It's okay." I whispered.

His hands stayed firmly planted around me as he took a deep shaky breath.

"She was my first mate." He sighed.

My body froze as I carefully studied him.

His first mate?

"Before you were even born, hundreds of years ago I was mated to a girl named Evelyn. She was from the city, just like you except it wasn't the city it is today. There were no walls, no boundaries. We co-existed amongst one another. I thought she was the love of my life. One day I-I went to go find my brother and- um. Well you saw what happened. I went to the palace, furious and I was ready to kill Monara, ready to end his life when I saw her there. Monara knew she was my weakness and so he used her, he slept with her." He looked down again and I let out a small breath.

"Roman I'm so sorry." I mumbled, leaning down and wrapping my arms around his neck.

He took a shaky breath tightening his arms even further around me.

"I thought I would never find love again, that I would die without knowing what true love felt like. When I found out you were my mate I was scared shitless. I thought I can't be mated to another city girl, like what was the moon goddess thinking. But then I met you and my whole world changed from the very first minute we made eye contact. I touched you and I knew, you would be mine forever." He croaked.

"Roman." I sighed leaning down and connecting our lips.

We disconnected and leaned our foreheads together as our breaths fanned one another.

"I wish I killed that son of a bitch, I could have protected you. Allowed you to grow up safe and live without fear." He mumbled.

"Don't worry about the past Roman, the same thing you said to me, 'We can't fix the past but we can change the future,' I am here with you now, safe and that is all that matters."

"I love you." He whispered.

"And I love you, I will be yours forever."

-

Thank you for 200 reads. I love you guys <3