Chapter 45

Adalyn

I held tightly on to Roman's hand, clutching it in my own as we walked to the dance floor. He grabbed on to my waist, his large palms resting on my hips as I reached up and wrapped my arms around him.

He looked down at me, his crystal eyes shining brightly from the chandelier above us as a soft song played in the background. I didn't pay attention to anyone or anything else besides Roman as we stared at one another intently.

I only broke eye contact when I felt something hard run into my legs, almost knocking me off balance as Roman held on to me tighter, keeping me from falling.

"What the hell." He grumbled underneath his breath as I let go of him and turned around seeing a small girl on her butt as she gently rubbed her arm. She timidly gazed up at me before fear consumed her features.

"I-I'm s-so sorry." She whispered with wide eyes, terror obviously present within her brown iris.

"Alpha please forgive her!" A woman came running as all eyes fell towards us.

I gently smiled as I bent down, resting my weight on my ankles as I tucked my legs underneath me.

"Hi sweetheart, what's your name?" I gently asked holding my hand out for her to take.

"A-A-Amelia." She murmured gently placing her small hand in mine.

"It's nice to meet you Amelia, I'm Adalyn. Are you hurt anywhere?" I asked, gently helping her to her feet as she stood up. She shook her head no as I gazed up into her eyes. I remained on my knees as there was only a few inches between my kneeling position and her standing position.

I looked up at her, my hand still holding on to her smaller one.

"I'm really sorry for bumping into you." She whispered, looking down at the ground.

"Oh sweetheart it's okay. I know you didn't mean to. There's no need to be scared. Would you like to dance with your Alpha and I?" I asked, my lips pulling up into a soft smile.

Her eyes immediately flicked up to mine as happiness spread across her face. She nodded her head frantically before she ran at me with open arms, wrapping her small arms around my neck. I wrapped my arms around her body as she gently squeezed me.

When she pulled away I looked up to Roman who had a soft smile on his lips, reaching his hand down to help me to my feet. I looked at the girl and reached down as she grabbed on to my hand, timidly standing next to me as she gazed up at Roman.

His eyes moved from me down to the young girl as he bent at the knees and came down to her level.

"Hi Alpha." She whispered, partially hiding behind my leg as she squeezed my hand tighter.

"Hi little pup." He said reaching his hand forward for her to take.

She looked up at me before she did and I gave her an encouraging nod, a bright smile playing on my lips. She reached forward and grabbed on to his hand, letting a loud giggle escape her lips as he pulled her to his chest, standing up with her in his arms.

She giggled brightly as she placed her hands on his chest looking towards me as I wrapped an arm around Roman's torso.

He continued to make small jokes and Amelia would be thrown into a fit of giggles, laughing as the big bad Alpha stuck his tongue out at her. I swear if I wasn't already pregnant then I would have dragged Roman upstairs to get busy.

After a few songs and giggles he placed her down on her feet, bending down as he brought her small frame into his, hugging her petite body. She giggled once again as she wrapped her arms tightly around his neck before she pulled away.