Chapter 50

Adalyn

"Addy!" Sasha cried as I turned around and noticed her holding a shattered glass vase, Farrah knocked out cold on the ground.

I didn't waste a moment longer as I ran to her arms, watching as she protectively placed me behind her, away from Cree.

"You dumb slut!" He roared, taking steps forward as Sasha and I cowered in fear.

Just when I thought he was going to hurt us Roman appeared again and stepped in front of us once again.

"Get the fuck out of my office. Turn in all of your rankings tomorrow, you're done." He growled.

His attention turned to Farrah on the ground as he stared at her in anger again before he looked up at Cree.

"And get this rat off my floor."

Cree did not take too kindly to Roman's description of his mate as he stepped towards Roman with a menacing growl, blood still freely falling from his nose as it leaned in one direction from the force of my knee.

Roman towered over Cree as their eyes were locked on one another.

"Get the fuck out of my office. I will not ask again." Roman said it calmly, too calm.

I knew it was the calm before the storm and I took a hesitant step forward, placing my palms on his back as I could feel the muscles below slightly relax.

Cree bent over and picked up Farrah before they walked out of Roman's office without saying another word. I watched them retreat as Roman turned around and wrapped his arms around me, burying his head in my hair.

"Are you guys okay?" He asked examining both Sasha and I.

He let out a frustrated growl when he noticed the small imprints of nails along my arms as he scooped me up in his arms, bringing me to our room.

He opened the door as Sasha hesitantly followed behind us. He gently set me down on the bed as he turned to Sasha and asked her to get the first aid kit in the bathroom. He used his long legs to stride over to the closet, disappearing inside before walking out with a fresh pair of clothes for him and I.

Sasha also quickly returned, setting the small case on the bed as Roman opened it and pulled out two white little packets of alcohol wipes. He ripped it open with his teeth as he spit out the piece of plastic, not caring where it landed. I stared at him with wide eyes as I gently gulped at the imagery before me, my thighs pressing together.

"Sorry love but this may sting." He murmured, moving in between my legs as he bent down on to his knees, gently grabbing my arm before wiping it with the alcohol wipe.

I gently hissed, Sasha reaching out and gripping her hand in mine as I sent her a grateful smile.

"Sorry baby." Roman mumbled as he intensely stared at the small cuts, making sure each one got wiped before he grabbed a small tube of ointment, applying a thin layer to each one.

"Thank you Sasha." I said, standing up and wrapping my arms around her.

"Of course, anything for you Adalyn. But please don't ever put yourself in that kind of situation ever again." She scolded me, still holding me tightly in her arms.

"And Sasha, come by my office tomorrow morning and we can talk about your ranking and your job." Roman said, crossing his arms against his chest.

Sasha nodded her head and said a quick thank you before she left the room, leaving Roman and I alone.

He turned towards me and softly cupped me in his arms, pulling me into his toned chest as his body relaxed against mine.

"Let's change." I mumbled against him as I pulled apart from him, reaching for his black t shirt that he grabbed for me.

I stripped out of my dress and threw on the shirt, immediately relaxing as his scent engulfed me. I turned and watched him strip from his clothes, admiring the way his taut muscles flexed every time he moved. He pulled off his belt, giving me a knowing smile as he did so making me blush as he continued taking off his clothes.

He only threw on a pair of grey sweatpants as he kept himself shirtless, just how I liked it.

He pulled me into the bed and encased me in his thick arms, transferring his warmth to my small body.

I let out a soft sigh and laid my head on his chest as I threw my leg over his waist, trapping him in my body. He gently chuckled, placing his hand on my hip as his other one gently ran through my thick hair.

"Roman.." I mumbled, looking up at his relaxed features as he lovingly stared down at me. His crystal eyes glistening with admiration and love.

"Yes baby?" He hummed, gently placing his thumb on my cheek as he caressed my skin causing goosebumps to form.

"How come you and Evelyn aren't mates anymore? She's still alive so wouldn't that mean you two would still be connected?" I gently asked, gaging his reaction as I gently sat up to get a better look at his features.

"Well that would be the idea but since I never marked her, when she got turned to a vampire, her heart stopped which technically meant she died. With no heart beating, there was no room for love so the moon goddess decided to break the bond." He said, continuing to stare down at me while his hand on my hip gently caressed the skin.

I nodded my head and leaned down to gently kiss his collarbone.

"The day she came back, she had somehow given me a potion made by a witch that mimicked the mate bond, tricking me into believing it was still there. I still can't figure out how she did it." He sighed, staring up at the ceiling as he got lost in his thoughts.

"I ran into Mia again today when I was at the cafe with Sasha. I don't know why but she gave me this weird vibe when I told her I was pregnant." I said, tracing the deep outline of his abs on his stomach.

Roman's eyebrows furrowed deeply as he looked at me like I was crazy.

"Mia? Hybrid Mia?" He asked sitting up with me in his arms.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion as I nodded my head, unsure of what was going on.

"She's been blowing off training for over a month now, no one has seen her or smelled her. We didn't know what happened to her." Roman said, staring at the wall in confusion.

"Why would she be here and not say anything?" I gently asked.

"I don't know but whatever it is, isn't good." He sighed, rubbing a hand over his stressed face.

"Roman? What if she's working with Monara?" I bit down on my bottom lip, looking up at Roman with soft eyes as he returned the same look.

No, she couldn't. Right?