Chapter 21

Adalyn

I tightened my grip on Roman's hand as he gently pulled me down the long corridor and away from our room. This was the farthest that I had ventured on foot away from our room since I have been here. Today was the day that I was supposed to meet Roman's pack and to say I was nervous, was an understatement.

I could feel my hand trembling against his for crying out loud. I don't know why I was so nervous. Maybe it had to do with the fact that I was human, just like his last mate. Thoughts rushed around inside my head like maybe they wouldn't trust me because of what Evelyn did.

"They will love you mate, there is nothing you need to worry about or fear." He cooed, smiling down at me.

I nodded and took a deep breath, looking down at my white shoes. We made it to the end of the hallway and Roman gave my hand a slight squeeze and smiled at me.

"Halfway there." He chuckled.

I couldn't help but laugh along with him as his laughter was contagious.

"Halfway there." I repeated.

I was able to get dressed in my own clothes as Berlin had ran back to my house during the bonding ceremony and had grabbed my bag, along with my jacket that held the picture and letter. I wanted to somehow ask my mother if it was actually true. If my father actually wasn't the man that I thought he was.

I looked up and watched as several people rushed around the hallways carrying different things. Some carrying laundry while others carried what looked to be important files and papers. I familiar face popped up as Rene made his way towards us smiling.

"Alpha, Alpha Female." He said smiling while bowing his head in submission.

"Come on Rene we quit the formalities years ago." Roman chuckled. Rene smiled and looked back as a young man handed him a file of papers.

"It's the letter from the Yellow-Stone pack." He raised his eyebrows and then rolled his eyes.

Roman shook his head and grabbed onto my waist pulling me into him as we began to walk again.

"I'll talk to you later Rene, keep me updated on that letter." Roman said while Rene just nodded his head, carrying on down the hall.

"How long have you known him?" I asked looking up at his chiseled face.

"Ever since I was seventeen, so a long time." He chuckled.

That was another thing I never realized. Roman was so much older than me. He had to of been a couple hundred years old.

"I'm 305 years old." He answered looking down at me with his curious eyes.

My eyes widened as I took that in.

"Dang you're an old man." I teased, narrowing my eyes with a smile.

He pretended to be hurt as his mouth dropped open and he furrowed his eyebrows.

"I am not! I'm twenty six in Wolf years I'll have you know." He pouted.

"Whatever you say, Old man." I whispered the last part as I escaped his arm around my waist and walked in front of him, turning around so I was walking backwards.

He had a playful glint in his eyes and I could see the beast in his eyes, begging to be freed.

Before I could speak again, a high pitch voice cut me off and made me turn around.

"Alpha!" I furrowed my eyebrows as a red head girl came waltzing down the hallway with open arms.

She walked right past me going straight for Roman with her arms still wide open. I could see the grimace on Roman's face as his lip pulled up into a disgusted look.