Chapter 43

Roman

I huffed out a breath as I walked into the conference room with Rene. We were the first people inside and so I sat down at the end of the table as my wolf paced in my head.

I wanna see mate.

He snapped as he pounced in my head. If we were away from Adalyn for even a minute he went crazy.

Nothing will happen to mate.

I don't care. I want mate. Now.

He huffed as he gently growled.

Adonis, calm down. We have to get through this meeting then we can go see mate, okay?

He grumbled a few things underneath his breath as he circled in my head before finally laid down with a low growl. He knowingly began to swing his tail around brushing against the corners of my mind, knowing that it annoyed me to no end.

That's not going to change my mind. Mate is fine, she's home safe. Nothing will happen.

You better pray nothing happens.

He growled and I rolled my eyes.

"You okay Roman?" Rene asked taking a seat to my right, looking at me with furrowed eyebrows.

"Yeah, it's just my wolf has been annoying the shit out of me lately. He's been on edge ever since Adalyn's been back." I sighed running my hand over my face.

Rene just chuckled lightly as warrior wolves began to pile into the room, all sitting around the long dark oak table. They left a spot for Berlin on my left as she said she would be coming later.

See, Berlin is with mate. Everything is okay.

My wolf just turned around, showing me his tail as a way of saying I don't want to hear anything from you.

I sighed and stood up, pulling down the large map of our pack territory at the end of the room.

"Okay everyone, I gathered all of you here because you are some of our best warriors and I know you will be able to relay this message to all the other wolves." I said scanning the room. "We are implementing a new boundary control because somehow that bitch Monara got one of his men through our borders. That should have never happened and the next time it does one of you will be six feet under, am I understood?" I said hardening my eyes as a chorus of 'Yes Alpha' ran through the room.

"Now Beta Rene and I came up with a new system that limits the amount of gaps between every station, making it even harder for any enemy to make it past our border." I said pointing to our borders on the map.

"Every new station is marked with an X and every station will split their group in half sending one half to this X while the other stay in their normal station. If anything what so ever seems off you mind link me immediately. Monara wants our Alpha Female and she is in even more danger now that she is pregnant with my pups." I said placing my palms on the edge of the table.

Gasps were heard throughout the room as Rene just smugly smiled at me.

"He wants her for whatever reason and it is imperative that we protect her at all costs. You are not just protecting your alpha female, if you need any more reason you are protecting your future Alpha." My voice was stern as my eyebrows were tightly pulled together.

My head snapped to the door as Berlin walked in, a soft smile on her face as she walked across the room to her chair, where she pulled it out and took a seat.

"Now we have a pack dinner tonight and I expect all of you to be present. But please for the love of the moon goddess do not get piss drunk like last time." I said as an annoyed sigh left my lips.